Let work find you

More than 1,000 reasons why your traditional job search isn’t working. Only 1 why you should use Fuzu.

Get started

Setting Career Goals 101

Fa calendar 16 grey April 13, 2017   
Fa thumbs o up 16 grey 2   

Career goals can be defined as objectives, benchmarks or milestones that determine your career journey.

Normal fa01f33c 0f47 41e2 8eee 584c38a54a23

You are invited for an interview and one of the questions the interviewer asks is what are your career goals? Well, there is no need for you to sweat and wonder how to answer; we will discuss what career goals are and how to set them.

Career goals can be defined as objectives, benchmarks or milestones that determine your career journey. They can be classified into two:

1. Short term goals; this generate shorter results that will build to your long term growth, they are also referred to as building block goals.

2. Long term goals; this generate results and accomplishments that have a very big significance in your career journey. Normally set for five to ten years.

The following steps will help you learn how to set your career goals:

1. Decide what you want to do, accomplish, or be in life.

This requires you to be clear on where you want to go by envisioning what you want to do, what you want to look like, what you want to be as the end goal.

2. Plan

This can be done by splitting your long term goal into smaller and more achievable goals or targets that you have to achieve. This will make accomplishing your goal easier to manage and will help streamline the process into reaching your ultimate goal.

However make a SMART plan. By this I mean your plan should be Specific to what you want to achieve, Measurable- your goals should be set on measurable parameters to be able to track progress, Achievable-do not make a plan that is out of this world however have a goal that is attainable, Relevant-make your career plan to be relevant to what you do and are passionate about, Time bound-have a timeline for each milestone you set for example either two years or more.

Finally, you will want to formulate and develop a proper plan for your goal. It can be best to establish a step by step plan that will enable you to start working towards achieving it.

Career coaching is one of the sure ways of ensuring you get to plan your career well and we as Fuzu have made this readily available for you.

3. Commit

The success of any plan or project is determined by the commitment of the parties involved. Therefore, after you have come up with your career goal make sure you commit to them.

Did you know that Fuzu also allows you to plan your career path in a simple way?

Share this article with your friends and family

Share on Facebook  Share on WhatsApp

Anita | November 15, 2017 12:37

MAMO | November 08, 2017 17:50

I also appreciate fuzu for this article

Faith | October 21, 2017 07:42

Lusasi | October 17, 2017 10:43

I appreciate fuzu for this article, ,,it has helped me alot

Bush | October 13, 2017 14:41

Thank you

Karithi | October 12, 2017 11:59

This is great

Patrick | October 12, 2017 07:29

it`s a good informatic web thanks a lot i trust you.....

Irene | October 09, 2017 14:06

Thanks a lot

Shadrack | October 06, 2017 10:59

informative! thanks

John | October 03, 2017 14:37

thanks a lot you've helped me.

LAWRENCE | October 03, 2017 05:59

A good start

ROSELYNE | October 03, 2017 05:34

Thanks alot

Timothy | October 02, 2017 17:12

thank you for your education

ANITA | September 28, 2017 04:15

This is eye opening

GEOFFRY | September 23, 2017 15:46

Thank u for that a good plan,

OLUOCH | September 18, 2017 03:53

Thanks very much for this information

JERONO | September 14, 2017 15:47

Thanks for this

Zachariah | May 15, 2017 06:15

Thank You for this.

Amoz | April 27, 2017 05:36

thanks for educating me

Register or log in to like and comment the article.