Senior Lead – Employee Experience & HRBP Assistant
M-KOPA SOLARNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of "pay-as-you-go" energy for off-grid customers. The company was founded in 2011 by former executives behind M-PESA (the world's leading mobile payment platform) on the belief that mobile technology could revolutionize energy services in emerging markets the same way it has already revolutionized the delivery of communications and financial services.
This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate and talented HR lead to innovate alongside a stellar growing people team that is passionate and driven, to deliver excellent employee experience to staff through employee engagement initiatives in Learning and Development and Performance management. You will also be tasked to support the operations group in the capacity of assistant HR Business Partner.
To be successful in this role, you will take a true partnership approach to your work, thoughtfully balancing the needs of the people team and the broader organization. You will also work collaboratively with HR Centres of Excellence and a newly implemented HR Business Partner function to develop and deliver integrated People solutions seamlessly and support the business as required.
1. Learning and Development
- Create design and deliver the statutory, mandatory, developmental and organizational change training requirements for new and existing staff in both across all areas of the organization.
- Monitor regulatory requirements for staff training and competence and ensure that all requirements and subsequent changes are reflected in all statutory and mandatory training.
- Create design and deliver L&D solutions to support the organizational change and development outlined in the overall L&D strategy using a blend of methodologies including computer based, self-managed learning, remote delivery, management cascade, classroom and on-job learning as appropriate.
- Ensure that every L&D intervention has clear business-focused aims that enable robust evaluation of the event’s effectiveness and measurement of return on investment.
- Develop and facilitate relevant “in-house” training sessions/programs.
- Undertake an evaluation of all L&D interventions at between one and three months following the event, and report against agreed KPIs.
- Coordinate the development, delivery, and evaluation of a suite of Leadership Development programs.
- Co-ordinate the implementation feedback and development actions from performance reviews and associated support programs
- Provide development by coaching and 1 to 1 support where the need for this has been established.
- Contribute to L&D communications using a variety of mediums, mail, Intranet, paper, etc.
- Keep up to date with current thinking on training practice and methods.
- Answer training related issues and provide high-quality customer service across the organization.
- Coordinate and optimize the employer incentives for engaging in a nationally recognized training
2. Employee Engagement
- Plan, organize and execute employee engagement activities e.g. company events/activities, cultural change, etc., from concept to finish in accordance with the preference of the company and with the assistance and support from the Employee Experience team.
- Collaborate with department heads and management on programs that will maximize employee development, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Conduct and analyze employee feedback, survey results, and other forms of training needs and employee satisfaction measurements; and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
3. Performance Management
- Oversee a performance management process that focuses employee efforts on the achievement of business goals and attainment of requisite skills/competencies to sustain profitable growth.
- Apply continuous improvement to our performance management process and implement strategies that enable both short term and long-term growth and benefit for the people and the organization.
- Oversee and manage all activities related to the performance management cycle and manage all communication, sensitization, and monitoring of the process in close collaboration with HRBPs to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the business needs.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to create a high-performance culture and an enabling to maximize staff engagement and productivity.
- Work with the HR Business Partners and compliance team to ensure cascading and education of employees to ensure compliance with the performance management policies, process, and systems; ensure that the process is implemented in a fair and transparent manner
- Implement systems and processes that encourage a meaningful performance and development dialogue between the manager, the employee, and vice versa.
- Facilitate discussions with management through HR Business Partners to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives and priority areas and enable them to continuously track current performance highlighting any areas of concern for immediate corrective action.
4. HR Business Partner assistance and support
- Support your managers in cultivating a high-performance, innovation-driven culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritizing fairness and objectivity
- Work proactively to identify underperformance and thoughtfully address it professionally and swiftly
- Connect your managers and staff through the Learning and Development function to compelling learning opportunities to address mentorship, coaching for performance and growth, advising on career opportunities
- Develop and implement, in close conjunction with department managers and the HRBP for Operations group - staff retention, career, and succession strategies.
- Participate in Employee Engagement measurement programs, action planning, and champion the cause of employee engagement as a measure of leadership.
- Work closely with your managers to understand organizational challenges and design/implement creative solutions
- Coordinate and support the implementation of strategic initiatives within your function and more broadly
- Work in close collaboration with the relent acquisition team to advise on internal versus external channels for finding the appropriate talent for open roles in the group.
- Nurturing, coaching, and mentoring staff and managers within your team
- Work in partnership with managers and the HRBP to provide guidance and advice in dealing with difficult people issues in a fair, straightforward manner and without delay.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders within your group and the larger organization
- Coach and develop leaders/managers on how to inspire and influence their teams as well as improve on their communication practices.
- Work closely and effectively with other HRBP’s, HR Shared Services, and Centres of excellence teams to identify best practice and use it to define effective business interventions.
- Share knowledge and insights with the wider People team to help shape best practice from a people perspective
2. ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
This position reports to (Title): Senior Manager – Employee Experience & HRBP, Operations
3. EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES/ LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION REQUIRED (Minimum level of experience, skills and competencies, licenses & certifications, and education required to perform effectively in the role)
- Diploma / Degree Holder in a related field
- Relevant experience in a strategic HR employee experience, talent management, training roles
- Well Versed in Training Design and Training Needs Analysis.
- People management
- Member of IHRM
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Suite of Applications,
- Ability to interact and use image and video editing tools, online assessment, and feedback platforms
- Knowledge and practice of online and offline content development and management tools and resources
- Comfortable with data analytics and has good experience with data manipulation using Excel for reporting
- Self-motivated, creative, self-starter
- Excellent writing, proofing, and editing skills.
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Good team player
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Other Jobs at M-KOPA SOLAR
Phones - Service Delivery Manager
M-KOPA SOLAR / Nairobi
Territory Sales Manager - Kyotera Region
M-KOPA SOLAR / Custom location,
Senior Backend Engineer - Remote
M-KOPA SOLAR / United Kingdom
Senior Android Engineer- Remote
M-KOPA SOLAR / United Kingdom
Credit Analyst - Global Role
M-KOPA SOLAR / Nairobi