MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering from a recognized University or Institution.
Applicants should have the following competencies:
• Results Orientation; Ethics and Integrity; Interpersonal Skills;
• Ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; Communication Skills;
• Team Building and Problem-Solving skills.
• Age limit is 35 years.
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to ﬁll vacant posts of Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Prisons existing in the Uganda Prisons Service (UPS).
Applications should be filled in triplicate on Public Service Commission Form 3 (2008) and addressed to the Secretary, Prisons Authority, PO. Box 7191, Kampala, and submitted at Prisons Regional Headquarters, at either Luzira, Masaka, Mbarara, Kabaie, Fort-Portal, Mubende, Jinja, Mbale, Soroti, Moroto, Lira, Gulu, Arua, Masindi, and Mukono, not later than30thOctober, 2020. Handwritten applications are also acceptable. The application forms can be downloaded on the Prisons Authority website: www.prisonsauthority.go.ug
and Public Service Commission website: www.psc.go.ug
. or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices.
The applications should bear the title as well as the Reference Number of the post applied for. Applicants should attach three recent passport size photos, three sets of certiﬁed photocopies of their academic transcripts and certiﬁcates and National identity card (ID). Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting interviews.
Applicants should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for. Officers already in Government Service should not apply.
All applicants must be physically and medically fit and should not have been convicted of any criminal offence in any court of law.
ln addition, successful candidates must be prepared to undergo a Twelve (12) months Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Prisons Officers’ course at the Prisons Staff College and Training School plus three (3) months attachment
• Planning, designing, testing and adoption of appropriate farm power sources, tools, implements and machinery according to technical specifications in conformance with environmental standards;
• Compiling and maintaining data on appropriate farm power sources, tools, implements and machinery;
• Determining and specifying fabrication methods, materials and quality standards and developing necessary designing, drawings and plant;
• Directing the fabrication of appropriate farm tools, implements and machinery in conformity with acceptable standards; -
• Setting maintenance and repair procedures for farm power tools, implements and machinery;
• Designing and testing farm power tools, implements and machinery and related technologies in order to ensure viability, efficiency and effectiveness;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.