Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
2018 LCE French Interpreters
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Media, communications, languages
- Basic level (worker)
- Full Time
These positions are located in the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management (DGACM) at Headquarters, Geneva, Vienna and Nairobi as well as the Regional Commissions where applicable. These positions are under the general supervision of the Chief of Interpretation or Language Section / Service as appropriate
Within delegated authority, the Interpreter will be responsible for the following duties:
• Services up to seven meetings per week (exceptionally eight), usually of no more than three hours duration, of various United Nations bodies.
• French interpreters provide interpretation into French of speeches given in English and Russian.
• May occasionally be assigned to sensitive meetings.
• May function as team leader of all interpreters assigned to a given meeting.
• May perform other related duties, as required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Media, communications, languagesSeniority
: Basic level (worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired skills
: Verbal communication; Simultaneous interpreting; Conference interpreting; Communication; Languages; Team leadershipRequired languages:
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply