Requirements for Appointment
1. A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and
passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination.
OR Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (K) Examination or its approved
equivalent qualification from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent
2. Certificate in Computer Applications; and
3. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
4. Must be affiliated to a relevant professional body.
5. Compliance with chapter 6 of the constitution.Core Skills
Team playing skills
Care for resources
Execution of instructions
Records Management skills
1. An officer at this level will be required to deal with accounting operations in an Accounting
section. Work at this level will be subjected to occasional checks rather than close supervision.
2. Work will involve verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down
rules and regulations; data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote
books, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. impress and expenditure returns etc.
3. He/she will be responsible for the safe custody of intuitional records and assets under him/her, analysis
of the below the line accounts and may be deployed as a cashier where duties will entail receiving duly
processed payments and receipt vouchers; writing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in
the cash books; balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis; arranging for withdrawal of cash
for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times;
4. Extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis; ensuring security of cheques and cheque books;
5. Prepare accurate year-end financial statements to assist with the preparation of financial statements,
and with planning of the resources.
6. Monitor the institution payments and receipts on day to day basis.
7. Performed any other duty as may be assigned by the management