Job verified by Fuzu
Summit Recruitment &Training | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Our client, a global materials, science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labelling and functional materials is looking to an accountant. The ideal candidate must have good experience in a multinational.
- Customer liaison; telephone calls to customers, addressing queries, debtors and collections.
- Sales liaison; monthly meetings, weekly follow-up about outstanding debtors with the sales team.
- Attorney liaison; handing over of delinquent debtors.
- Credit Bureau Liaison; initiating credit reports and updates from credit bureau.
- Run monthly AR Statements to customers.
- Ensure that all debtors’ correspondence is carried professionally.
- Support queries in relation to customer payments.
- Compile customer reconciliations to customers’ remittances.
- Organize all supporting documentation pertaining this function and maintaining an up to date filing system.
- Identify and execute on DSO improvement opportunities to enhance cash flow.
- Release sales orders going into suspense.
- Drive reduction in bad debt provision and actively manage the AR book to limit the impact of bad debt.
- Customer visits when required in order to facilitate the resolution of any account issues.
- Granting and monitoring of credit facilities, within the authorization limit matrix.
- Annual review and update of customer credit limits.
- Managing credit hold process for overdue and over credit limit accounts.
- Coordinate bank cheque collection and deposits.
- Provide backup support to South African Credit Controller.
- Support shared services with queries on statutory requirements, cash flow and other financial queries.
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Provide support during stock takes.
- Serve as primary liaison with local bank.
- Assist with general accounting duties as required.
- Maintain SOPs as and when required.
- Provide finance support to local business.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Accounting; Credit handling; Stock taking and inventory accounting; Financial reporting; Credit auditing; Payment collectionRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply