Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers which is scheduled to take place in the months of August and September 2018.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with statutory body where applicable. The initial training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
Must be holders of at least a Bachelor degree in Commerce (Accounting and Finance) from a recognized University.
1) Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports: Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
2) Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position, using calculator or computer.
3) Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
4) May establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
5) May devise and implement manual or computer-based system for general accounting.
6) May direct and coordinate activities of other accountants and clerical workers performing accounting and bookkeeping tasks.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Accounting; Bookkeeping; Year end reporting; Financial reporting; CPA certification; Accounting IT-systems (use of); Payment collectionRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)