Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
We are a fast growing, online one-stop shop for all construction solution platform for people to discover and purchase solutions for their construction needs, based in Clement Hill, Kampala – Uganda, serving Uganda and Kenya. Established in 2017, we are a young but, vibrant, creative enterprise looking towards addressing the customers’ needs in the construction industry. We are a very ambitious organization with a team of not only highly skilled personnel, but also with complementary skills that uses technology to leverage our efforts.
We are currently seeking to hire an Accounts Assistant, who will form part of our Finance team.; The Accounts Assistant will perform routine accounting work, carry out primary data entry sorting documents, filing and keeping custody of accounting and financial transactions records.
- Posting transactions into the Accounting System for all countries in which Wenahardware operates.
- Reconciling all ledger accounts
- Preparing reports
- Maintaining the cashbook
- Participating in audit exercises
Payables and Receivables
- Routinely processing Tax Clearance Certificates
- Participate in tax audit exercises
- Initiating payment of supplier invoices through the bank or the any other system
- Preparing invoices for customers and following up on overdue invoices
- Checking accountabilities provided by staff before making refunds or recoveries and preparing receipts for customer payments upon request
We are looking for candidates who are passionate, results-oriented, consistent, organized, and self-motivated, with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Analytical, attention to detail, problem-solving, and proactive approach to your work
- Consistently above average performer
- 3 years of experience as an Accountant
- Experience managing local taxes (familiarity with international tax is an added advantage)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and MS Office products
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
7 days left to apply