Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers which is scheduled to take place in the months of August and September 2018.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with statutory body where applicable. The initial training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
Must be holders of at least a Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science from a recognized University.
1) Ascertain premium rates required and cash reserves and liabilities necessary to ensure payment of future benefits.
2) Analyze statistical information to estimate mortality, accident, sickness, disability, and retirement rates.
3) Design, review and help administer insurance, annuity and pension plans, determining financial soundness and calculating premiums.
4) Collaborate with programmers, underwriters, accounts, claims experts, and senior management to help companies develop plans for new lines of business or improving existing business.
5) Determine or help determine company policy, and explain complex technical matters to company executives, government officials, shareholders, policyholders, and/or the public.
6) Testify before public agencies on proposed legislation affecting businesses.
7) Provide advice to clients on a contract basis, working as a consultant.
8) Testify in court as expert witness or to provide legal evidence on matters such as the value of potential lifetime earnings of a person who is disabled or killed in an accident.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Risk analysis; Regulatory reporting; Reinsurance; Underwriting businessRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)