Administration functional areas
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 49 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. It is constantly seeking talented, compassionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to crises with the right skills. Given the nature of UNHCR's work, it is essential that its workforce has the right mix of skills and qualities to fulfill its mandate.
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is in need of talents for their most common or sought-after job profiles at various levels, who can be deployed at short notice to a vacancy that best matches their skills.
Candidates should only apply to the Group II Talent Pool if they do meet the requirements including skill, knowledge and experience of the profile. UNHCR will use the Group II Talent Pool for the purpose of receiving applications from candidates who have expertise that are required for the functional areas. Please note you will only be contacted if there is a requirement for your expertise. These opportunities are at General Services levels (G1 – G7), in key functional areas at country, sub and field offices.
Cleared candidates will be kept in the pool for 3 years.
- Assist in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Attend meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members and monitor their attendance records, leave plans, overtime and visa requirements.
- Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents;
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records;
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents;
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential;
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor's calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps;
- Assist the management to organise and run UNHCR Office and Residential (wherever applicable) compounds;
- Facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR;
- Prepare attestations and certificates required by the staff members for signature of senior officer;
- Assist in processing MIP and various other claims by UNHCR staff and other clients of UNHCR ;
- Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the Head of the office and/or Supervisor in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)