Job verified by Fuzu
Heshima Kenya | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Administrative, clerical
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Administration ManagerAssistant Registrar
Bomet University College
Executive Administrative Assistant
aikan HR Consultants
Administration Assistant-Real Estate
Brites Management Services Limited
Jobs in Administrative, clericalMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Your application should be send to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Friday 16th March 2018. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Please note that Heshima Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be send through the email.
P.O Box 63192 – 00619
The Administration manager will be responsible for supporting Heshima Kenya operations by ensuring effective information flow and that resources are employed efficiently throughout the organization business. The Manager will oversee all supply chain operations in support of the programs. S/he will be responsible for supply chain operations including; inventory management, materials transport, fleet management, procurement planning and purchasing, asset management and security. The incumbent will manage store supplies, repairs and maintenance of premises, equipment, vehicles; oversee management of mails, courier services, travels and, archives of the organization, and access to premises, employee equipment and resources needed as well as ensuring the premises is properly maintained. S/he will be responsible of overseeing management of the front desk creating an engaging office environment and positive interactions with all the staff, HK POCs and visitors. The incumbent will work hand in hand with the procurement committee in management of the procurement processes within the confines of Heshima Kenya procurement policy and procedures. S/he will be responsible for Procurement Officer and Administration Officer. The incumbent will report direct to the Country Director and is a member of Heshima Kenya Core Senior Management Team.
· To lead, manage, coach and motivate the team under his/her supervision ensuring they have clear objectives, targets, and receive meaningful feedback on their performance
· Conduct bi-annual and annual performance appraisals for his/her direct reports and support the direct reports in under taking the same for staff under their supervision
· Providing general supervision and coordination of procurement and administration teams under his/her responsibility providing clear vision for the function and the organization in general
· Develop organizational procurement strategy and draw clear objectives and outputs to deliver the same
· Provide technical support to the procurement committee and procurement coordinator in identification of suppliers, comparing prices, specifications, and terms of payments as well as management of delivery timelines to ensure programs are well serviced.
· S/he will be responsible for drafting service contracts for approval by the Country Director
· Support the Procurement Officer in responding to internal and supplier inquiries, reviewing requisition orders to verify accuracy and specifications.
· Oversee preparations and maintenance and review purchasing records, produce management reports, track the status of requisitions, contracts and orders, monitor contractor performance, monitor in-house inventory transfer for project consumption and review, and recommend bills for payment, .
· To provide leadership and strategic role to the team under him/her ensuring the effective delivery of supplies to Heshima Kenya program activities, creating strong synergy between the procurement and administration function with other functions
· To train and build capacities of procurement committee on their roles.
· Develop a data base of pre-qualified suppliers for key provisions and services consumed by the Heshima Kenya, Kenya Operation.
· Oversee management of all procurement records for the organization, including purchase orders, contracts for services and goods, and travel. Mainly, manage the whole procurement process that will entail:
• Working with program managers and heads of the other functions to identify needs, plans and priorities
• Working closely with the procurement committee to determine the best procurement approaches including contracting
• Providing technical support in drafting scopes of work/specification
• Working with heads of the other functions to ensure goods and services are provided in accordance with the terms of the contract
• Monitoring payment processes to ensure no delays in payment of completed contracts and or orders
• Managing procurement close-out processes
· Oversee the preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts related to purchasing materials, supplies, products, or services.
· Ensure bi-weekly and quarterly procurement trackers are produced accurately and registration of potential suppliers and present to Procurement Committee for qualification using credible and professional criteria of pre-qualification such as technical capacity, reputation, delivery terms, perceived competence, and quality of services/goods.
· Establish procurement control mechanism that addresses concerns programs teams and maintains paper trail.
· Oversee review purchase requests, quotations, bid analyses, purchase orders and other included documentation for thoroughness of work in line with Heshima Kenya procedures and guidelines before submission to the procurement committee
· Develop plans for the effective organization and temporary storage of project materials and general inventories at various programs.
· Support and ensure Procurement Staff follow cost-effective prioritization and monitoring of daily progression of all requested goods and services including updating procurement tracking sheet on a daily basis.
· Put in place mechanisms for Market analysis and continuous surveys on monthly or quarterly basis to identify new vendors and current costs.
· Ensure maintenance of accurate records for all stored materials, and the safe, secure and orderly upkeep of Heshima Kenya stores.
· Oversee development of comprehensive price lists following categories of commodities available in the market for guidance in BIDs analysis and awards.
· Work with the staff, particularly budget holders and finance team, to ensure timely payments to vendors.
· Ensure and maintain proper filing systems for all completed procurement.
· Optimize the material and supplier portfolio – that is what materials should be bought in bulk and consumed as needed from inventory by programs, and which materials are best to acquire as needed
· Plan, budget, manage and be accountable for the procurement performance of his/her functions, and for achieving agreed-upon results.
· Oversee overall responsibility for Heshima Kenya Office Management by taking charge of the day-to-day operations
· Discharge his/her duties with an aim to deliver exceptional office management by overseeing the reception work involving the receipt and direction of office guests, allocation of office space to all staff, phones, work stations, smooth internet among others.
· Oversee management of the front desk creating an engaging office environment and positive interactions with all the staff, HK POCs and visitors
· Oversee management of flow of visitors to all ensure Kenya premises ensuring issuance of visitors badges and adequate security checks
· Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Heshima Kenya resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
· Develop fleet management plan/schedules to ensure staff field travels are well serviced
· Oversee vehicles and other motorized equipment are serviced on time and at the most reasonable costs
· Oversee maintenance of cooks duty rooster to ensure all participants at all levels are served their meals on time and respecting special diet programs for those with such needs
· Ensures meeting rooms / areas are ready for meetings at all times.
· Create and maintain effective internal controls for equipment inventory and management.
· Monitoring of various activities and contracts –service or maintenance
· Provide reports to management on regular basis on the activities managed and cost cutting initiatives.
· Monitor, supervise and ensure safety measures are incorporated into all Heshima Kenya premises/offices
· Co-ordination and management of all administrative issues like hygiene, compound cleanness, supply of office utilities and stationeries
· Develop and maintain up-to-date, effective security measures to protect the Heshima Kenya properties and staff
· Ensure all rents and utility bills are paid promptly
· Oversee all maintenance activities and maintain a regular schedule of maintenance for the Heshima Kenya Assets
· Work hand in hand with the Director of Financial Operations to ensure all staff and organization assets and tools are covered adequately and timely and the respective premiums paid promptly.
· Ensure adequate records of fleet management/movement, and put in place policies/structures to guard against abuse
· Deliver all admin services in the most efficient manner to facilitate the functions of all programs and the support departments
· Management of fuel consumption (generator /office cars / contracts
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Administrative, clericalSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Office administration, management; Procurement; Training deliveryRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)