Job verified by Fuzu
World Food Programme | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Administration Officer NOB- Uganda
- Post-graduate education
- Administrative, clerical
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Administration Officer NOB- UgandaAdministrative Assistant
Indigo Financial Analysis & Consultancy
Uganda Law Reform Commision
Bomet University College
Executive Administrative Assistant
Jobs in Administrative, clericalMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
To contribute to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
- Evaluates and monitors administrative services and recommends changes in policies, systems and procedures to align with changing business needs and objectives.
- Implements WFP official systems in the office; drafts correspondence and internal procedural directives relating to administrative matters and ensure WFP’s administrative resources are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning.
- Assesses expenditure in administration for previous years; estimates new requirements and prepare budget plans for designated areas of work.
- Represents WFP-UGA CO in the Operations Management Team (UN Inter-Agency), on matters of Common interests. Coordinates the implementation of UN Common services for efficiency, cost effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Participates in the Non-Food Items (NFI) Procurement Contracts Committee to evaluate all contracts for NFIs. Assists in the negotiation of contracts with vendors and service providers to ensure cost-effective services, quality and timely service.
- Supervises staff in key Administrative areas listed below using the Results Based Management approach by reviewing staff PACE, training and development needs, staff performance Management, unit Performance statistics and the unit Work plan.
- Asset Management; Ensures proper custody of all WFP assets and compliance with WFP rules and regulations for all acquisitions, donations, transfers, disposals, loss and write-off.Ensures entries made in the Global Equipment Management System (GEMS) are reconciled to give a fair representation of the financial value of assets.Spot checks inventory items and verifies against the GEMS, recommends to the Local Property Survey Board (LPSB) for disposal and follow up insurance claims for any loss.Evaluates inventory status and transactions in the database; report anomalies and discrepancies for timely action.
- Fleet Management; Maintains an adequate and competent fleet; ensures reconciliation of accounts for fuel replenishment, vehicle maintenance and service, duty refund claims; and administers contractual agreements with fuel and garage companies by provision of supervisory support to the Senior Admin Assistant (Transport), and reconciling accounts with Procurement and Finance units.
- Stores Management; Ensures adequate stock of office supplies by reconciling receipts and issues.Spot checks items in stores to reconcile receipts, issues and re-order level; verify quarterly replenishment requests; reconciles quarterly replenishment orders against goods received notes.
- Office Equipment, Service and Maintenance; Generators are a Minimum Residential Security requirement (under MORSS), while other office equipment are operational requirements. Administers contractual agreements for service and maintenance of office Generators and other office machines including official mobile phones.
- Ensures protocol activities are well coordinated and assignments accomplished. Monitors the weekly activity matrix of Protocol activities to ensure proper coordination and accomplishment of tasks.
- Ensures proper management of staff travel, Registry and Official premises to verify expenditure allotment and accountability of WFP-UGA CO funds.
- Provides technical guidance and support to WFP sub offices.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly Administration reports.
- Manages the execution and renewal of Administration service contracts and lease agreements.
- Manages WFP Guest Houses and MoUs for UN Common services in Kotido, Moroto and other offices entitled for Guest House set up.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Administrative, clericalSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Budgeting, financial planning; Business management; Operative management; Policy drafting and development; Property managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)