Job verified by Fuzu
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (Uganda) | Entebbe, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Administrative, clerical
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries received funding from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to support government of Uganda’s efforts to attain rice self-sufficiency through “Enhancing National Food Security through Increased Rice Production (ENRP) Project.” The project will contribute to the increase in production, marketing and consumption of rice for improved Nutrition, Food Security and Incomes in Uganda as well as support, build and strengthen the institutional and technical capacities, for sustained agricultural growth that contributes to the poverty alleviation and food security.
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate administrative and clerical duties and day to day office management.
Applicants should fill Public Service Commission (PSC) Form 3 (2008) here:http://psc.go.ug/downloads, in triplicate and attach certified copies of academic certificates and testimonials, appointment letters as evidence of working experience and two referees, one of whom must be a current or previous employer and most recent passport photographs. Applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, and delivered to the Open Registry.
- Provide administrative support to Project Coordinator
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Maintaining the office files i.e filling, labeling, organizing and responding to requests for files from their supervisors or other departments
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc for the PIU.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Plan and organize meetings and take detailed minutes
- The Administrative Assistant will asssist daily office needs and manage PIU general administrative activities
- The Administrative Assistant performs routine clerical work.
- Secretary to PIU staff meeting.
- In charge of imprest/petty cash/ Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Organize project visitors/staff travels (bookings, air tickets, transport, etc);
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for record keeping
- Stores keeping.
- Summarize reports
- Preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: EntebbeArea of work
: Administrative, clericalSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Reporting; Answering telephones and call management; Calendar management; Office administration, management; File management and data back-up; Meeting preparation; Travel planning and reservations (leisure, business)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply