Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
This position is located at the United Nations Support Office for Somalia (UNSOS) in Mombasa. The incumbent reports to the Chief Mombasa Support Base under the direct supervision of the section team leader. Working within the office of the Chief Mombasa Support Base (MSB) the incumbent will be under the overall supervision of the section team leader and the direct supervision of Chief Mombasa Support Base (CMSB), the incumbent performs the following duties:
Liaises with central administration/executive services as required;
• Perform various actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, separation of staff members, training etc., consistently applying UN rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Monitors assigned staffing tables for a variety of human resource activities, e.g., appointments, retirement, expiration of appointments, reassignments, transfer and movement of staff.
• Assists in providing detailed specifications for new equipment acquisitions and in making suggestions for adapting existing equipment to new environs; Assists in devising systems contract Requests for Proposals (RFPs); Supervises staff within Unit.
• Assists by initializing the accounting records for the Property and Control Inventory Unit, supervising the Receiving and Inspection of all UN owned property, participating in the In-Survey of contingent owned equipment, evaluating requirements and producing initial assessments for mission budget planning for section commodities;
• Ensures that the field mission’s assets are bar-coded, decaled and tagged as per guidelines; Assist in managing and maintaining a comprehensive electronic database of expendable and non-expandable property;
• Assists in preparing a variety of monthly, yearly and ad hoc inventory reports of the field mission’s property as required, including those on surplus (damaged/obsolete) non-expandable property on consumption, proposed consumption and local/HQ procurement lead-time for non-expendable property etc.
• Provides guidance to mission and/or subordinate staff.
• Identifies and reports issues/problems as they arise, and recommends appropriate action
• Coordinatesregularly with service units and liaises as needed with internal team members both at the mission and in outstations;
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., travel, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractorsfor services, reviews physical space plans and assists in the identification of office technology needs, maintenance of equipment,software and systems, organizes and coordinate seminars, conferences and translations)Required education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)