Food & Agriculture Organization For The United NationsNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
Minimum Requirements• Advanced university degree in business or public administration, accounting or a related field;
• Seven years of experience in financial management, general administration and planning;
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Advises in the preparation of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) in consultation with relevant technical officers and the headquarters technical divisions; prepares and consolidates work plans; proposes revised plans and strategic measures to implement successfully the biennial programme of work and monitor effectively budgetary trends;
• Prepares periodic budget reports for submission; prepares post planning and monitoring and other regular and ad hoc reports;
• Contributes to the development of results-based management concepts and policies and monitoring and reporting procedures;
• Develops, implements and monitors corporate activities, identifies operational, administrative, information technology and other constraints and proposes solutions to improve quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness;
• Overviews the maintenance of imprest accounts and other budgetary reports; acts as Certifying Officer, monitors availability of funds under all programmes; ensures that financial commitments and expenditures are accurate and consistent with established guidelines;
• Trains and supervises staff and field project personnel on all administrative and operational matters and undertakes special missions for training on budgetary, financial and managerial issues in line with the Organization's regulations policies and procedures;
• Establishes effective working relationships with Government counterparts at appropriate level for Government contributions to the work programme;
• Oversees operational and staffing requirements of the Office and its projects, and ensures optimal staffing of the office and projects;
• Participates in review meetings to assess managerial and operational capacities, scrutinizes reliability and solvency of selected implementing partners;
• Assesses training needs and encourages training events as well as other human resources-related activities;
• Optimises the management of Office's premises, the allocation of space and the provision of services for the renovation and the maintenance of premises and be responsible for security for Minimum Operating Security Standard (MOSS) compliance;
• Establishes and maintains partnership with units at headquarters, interacts with Internal and External Auditors and prepares replies to audit observations and queries;
• Organizes and participates in meetings, workshops, celebrations and other events;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Develops, maintains and manages all activities related to Cash Transfer Operations in the field; with particular care to Mobile Money Operations;
• Oversees the Money Transfer Sector in Somalia, including Money Vendors, Banks Public Sector and Mobile Operations;
• Monitors and streamlines procedures related to MTOs (Money Transfer Operators) in the field to ensure transparency and accountability in accordance to Compliance requirements;
• Monitors expenditure against assigned project budgets by the Operations Unit for small time payments and general operating expense related payments;
• Provides oversight in all actions required for closing projects as requested by different sectors.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Food & Agriculture Organization For The United Nations
Early Warning Capacity Building Specialists
Food & Agriculture Organization For The United Nations / Kampala
Finance & Accounts Associate
Nairobi / Sunculture
Nairobi / An Anonymous Employer in the Horticultural Industry
Nairobi / Nova Academies
Receivable/Payable Accountant – Nyamira, Kenya.
Kenya / Summit Recruitment & Search
Senior Accountant -Nakuru
Nakuru / Spin-Knit Limited