Job verified by Fuzu
Save the Children (Uganda) | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children's lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfill their potential.
- The Adolescent Advisor provides strategic direction and technical management for the planning and implementation of the multi-sectoral adolescent activities and ensure the project meets stated goals, expected result and reporting requirements.
- This staff will take technical and management leadership role in coordination with local government, local community organizations, and other partners and will oversee and manage the adolescent-focused work of the project across four eastern districts of the Karamoja sub-region
- The Adolescent Advisor will be the primary driver of the adolescent safe space model under the project, which will use a small group approach to reach adolescents age 10-19 with age-segmented content (with a primary focus on 10-14 year olds).
- The Adolescent Advisor will take a leading role in the development of materials and work plans for the adolescent component, and will be responsible for ensuring high quality implementation, including overseeing the training of mentors.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Stakeholder communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Programme management; Project preparation and planning; Training program planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply