Fuzu Exclusive Job
Enchanting Travels | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Africa Senior Reservations Executive
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Restaurant, hospitality, travel
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Do you enjoy making travel dreams come true? Do you enjoy interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds? Would you like to join a multicultural and passionate team in an entrepreneurial environment where boundaries in the global travel industry are challenged and new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged?
What’s the position?
We are currently recruiting a Senior Reservations Executive to join our Africa team in Nairobi on a 1 year renewable contract. In this role, you will take ownership of all travel arrangements for our guests to ensure high guest satisfaction and efficient trip execution.
Why would you want this job?
This is a really unique opportunity for many reasons - here are a couple!
What do we expect from you?
Pan-African exposure and learning. Our tailor-made journeys cover 16 countries in Africa and you will therefore gain tremendous insights and learning about high end travel across Africa.
The people you work with. We are a very dynamic international and multi-cultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
Support for your growth. Our pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalized approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, we invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of our team.
Having an impact. You contribute to memories of a lifetime for our guests through the joy and wonder of personalized travel which often have a deep impact on their lives. Furthermore, we listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing. This entails the ability to convey information in a structured, clear and concise way.
- You are a quick learner and comfortable with embracing technology and change in general and have strong mental agility and solution orientation. This entails being proactive and able to “think on your feet” as well as “out of the box” to quickly find solutions in challenging situations.
- You are highly self-organized and have a high level of attention to detail.
- You are good with numbers and have good negotiation skills.
- You are able to work under pressure.
- You are passionate about travel and have first-hand knowledge of travel destinations in Africa.
- You have 2+ years of reservations/travel planning experience.
The role entails the following key responsibilities:
- Book hotels, local flights, ground transport, drivers, guides, activities and special surprises
- Handle complex provisional bookings and requests for quotations
- Effectively use existing special rates & offers and proactively negotiate special rates and/or value additions with partners to support our sales team with closing bookings and maximize trip profitability
- Update Booking Reference Numbers and Flight, Transfers & Activity Timings and enter actual booking costs in our reservations system to ensure accurate and up-to-date information on trip margins
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure exceptional travel experiences for our guests
- Handle travel arrangements for our team
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedJob start date
: Monday, April 2, 2018Job end date
: Monday, April 1, 2019Contract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Restaurant, hospitality, travelSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Efficiency; Negotiation; Product knowledge; Creative thinking; Analytics; Partnerships; Negotiation; Prioritization; Communication; Travel planning and reservations (leisure, business)Required languages:
English (Spoken: native | Written: native)
Click to apply