Job verified by Fuzu
County Government of Makueni | Makueni, Makueni, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- High, secondary school
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Ambulance DriversProcurement Officer
TRANSPORT OFFICER - UGANDA
Securex Agencies (K) LTD
Reliever Driver - Kisumu
Jobs in Transportation, logistics, drivingMid-Level jobsJobs located in Makueni, Makueni
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 16 th February, 2018.
(i) Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
• The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
• The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(iv) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(v) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
Requirements for appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Possess a valid driving license free from any current endorsement (s) for class (es) of vehicle (s) an officer is required to drive;
• Have a First aid training Lasting not less than one (1) week preferably from St. Johns Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
• Knowledge and skill in driving to avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients;
• Full Knowledge of motorable routes within the county;
• Passed Occupational Trade Test III for Drivers;
• Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Those who have served in the disciplined forces will have an added advantage;
• Attended a Refresher Course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
• A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police.
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Driving an ambulance to transport sick, injured, or convalescent persons;
• Assisting ambulance attendant to place patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance;
• Taking sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination;
• Assisting in changing soiled linen on stretcher;
• Administering first aid as required;
• May assist to restraint violent patients if necessary;
• Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, etc.;
• Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
• Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
• Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle/Ambulance;
• Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Makueni, MakueniArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Vehicle maintenance and repair; Reporting; Driving license Class B, C, E - light vehicles & heavy commercial vehicles; Route planning; First aid; AmbulanceRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)