Android Developer - Remote or Onsite
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
SafeBoda is a rapidly growing consumer platform that is revolutionizing transportation, payments and on-demand services in Africa’s cities. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population.
We are a venture-funded company, just completing a Series B financing, that is already having a huge impact for millions in East Africa.Our Product Team
Operating in Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria, SafeBoda is expanding rapidly.
In Order To Develop The Best Products, We Believe That Diversity And Shared Knowledge Are Key, That’s Why Currently We Have Headquarters in the heart of Kampala with Head of Product and most of the engineers, part of the team located in Spain with the VP of Engineering; few engineers working remotely from different locations.
Our Product & Engineering team is currently represented by 18 different countries and we expect more coming up!
You will be part of a passionate team that will invite you to be part of our family. Desired Technical Skills
Desired Personal Skills
- Strong experience in Android
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Demonstrated experience producing structured, readable and testable code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- Ability in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Jira and Agile methodology (we use Scrum)
- Critical thought, analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others' code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect and a big sense of humor; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport & lunch if you are based in Nairobi, Kampala or Ibadan!
Opportunity to travel to East Africa and interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
- Remote working
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to keep building and maintain one of the best app in the East African market. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming to the long-term success of our business.The ideal candidate will work hand in hand with our Engineering Managers (backend and Mobile) and Product Owners located in Barcelona, Madrid and Kampala.
At SafeBoda we always try to work with the latest technology and we are obsessed with the user experience. Our framework is scrum and we have divided the Product Team in 4 Teams: Driver App (Android), Passenger App (Android and iOS Apps), Internal Portal (Vue.JS and Elixir) and API Team (PHP migrating to Elixir).
As Android Software Engineer At Safeboda You Will
Own your work: lead projects from concept to completion. You’re in control of your own success.
Build & improve code for new and existing products
Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularization, designing cohesive interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs
Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself