Anthropologist/Behavior Change/Marketing Specialist.
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
The Anthropologist/BC/Marketing Specialist will oversee strategic planning and implementation of demand creations activities to expand health options, ensuring use of current data to inform planning and collaboration and knowledge sharing across the Activity team. This individual will be in charge of overseeing activities that address key demand side behaviors related to expanding health options. S/he will provide strategic, technical, and managerial guidance to the Chief of Party (COP).This position reports to the COP.
- Direct the creation and implementation of effective communication strategies aimed at promoting health behaviors in collaboration with the District Health Teams and selected institutions/community based organization.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to design, develop and monitor SBC strategies and production of BCC materials and job aids.
- Lead, coach and supervise staff to develop and implement evidence-based SBC strategies and campaigns at district, community and household levels through the engagement of multi stakeholders including district and community leaders, SBCC agents, health workers, Implementing Partners.
- Take the lead in the coordination and implementation of awareness-raising and educational campaigns to support the adoption of healthy behaviors.
- Guarantee quality assurance in all Marketing and Communication strategies, materials, and activities undertaken in the Activity, and ensure that they adhere to relevant Government of Uganda, USAID, and other stakeholder policies, guidelines and standards.
- Support the development of innovative new approaches to Social and Behavior Change (SBC), including use of Information and Communication Technology.
- Support design and implementation of SBC specific capacity building activities and oversee the training of community influencers, engaging media representatives, district health teams and with other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with partners to strengthen district health teams and human resource capacity to design, develop, deliver and monitor evidence-based SBC interventions
- Represent the project, as directed, in any working group, committee, or task force addressing SBC.
- Oversee preparation of SBC/marketing component of project annual and quarterly workplans
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports as required, detailing the performance of the SBC/marketing component of the Activity, including reports and others as directed
- Gather feedback on implementation of SBC strategies in pilot districts and provide technical support, when necessary.
- Integrate social marketing activities to ensure access and utilization of health services in the region.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)