Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers which is scheduled to take place in the months of August and September 2018.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with statutory body where applicable. The initial training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
Must be holders of at least a Bachelor in Architecture degree from a recognized University and be registered with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS).
• Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
• Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
• Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
• Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
• Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
• Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
• Specifying the requirements for the project
• Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
• Playing a part in project and team management
• Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetingsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Architectural planning and design; Compliance; Construction safety; Quality control and supervisionRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)