Job verified by Fuzu
Danish Refugee Council | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Area Manager- Kiryandongo
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Area Manager- KiryandongoCustomers Projects Technical Leader
MWENDO Project Coordinator
Hope for Victoria Children
Program Management Specialist - Peace Building.
Social Affairs Coordinator
Petroleum Authority of Uganda
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
The Area Manager represents the Danish Refugee Council in Kiryandongo and has the direct responsibility for the management, implementation and continued development of the DRC outputs and activities.
• Supervise effective, efficient and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed contracts, budgets, policies and in accordance with specific donor requirements;
• Prepare project work plans in accordance with annual planning and funding cycles;
• Ensure that relevant beneficiary data is collected, compiled, analyzed and distributed and that relevant assessments are conducted in the project area;
• Provide regular internal and external reports, and other relevant information on programme activities, policy matters and external relations, based on agreed formats and schedules;
• Provide input for the continued development of a sustainable strategy for DRC’s multi-sectoral assistance in Kiryandongo.
Administration and Personnel Management
• Supervise budgeting and project expenditures, and prepare financial reports with assistance from the Grant- and Finance Managers;
• Supervise project human resources in the field and at offices, and co-manage shared human resources with other programme. This includes further development of staff job descriptions, their training and monitoring, and recruitment;
• Implement and monitor, and where necessary revise implementation of DRC administrative guidelines and -policies, safety– and security procedures, logistics support and other tasks associated with efficient day-to-day running of the operations;
• Be responsible for organizational development for the project, including staff assessments.
• Maintain close relations with all relevant stakeholders including the donor and UN agencies, officials of the Office of the Prime Minister, district- and sub-county authorities, other donor representatives, INGOs, NGOs and CBOs;
• Participate in the relevant sector coordination meetings in the field and ensure DRC’s inputs to development of assistance modalities that adheres to humanitarian principles and other international frameworks that DRC has subscribed to.
• In consultation with the Country Director and Head of Finance and Administration, ensure correct and timely narrative and financial reporting to donor(s);
• Together with the Head of Programs, identify opportunities for new projects;
• Assist the Head of Program to plan and develop concept papers, budgets and project proposals;
• Ensure effective coordination and visibility to the implementation of the projects with all humanitarian and development actors and relevant stakeholders.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Financial reporting; Personnel management; Quality control and supervision; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)