Job verified by Fuzu
World Vision | Taita taveta, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Area Programs Manager
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
The Area Programs Manager will provide the overall leadership, coordination and management of the respective programs to address child wellbeing outcomes as well as coordinated representation of World Vision at Counties/Clusters governance level in accordance with relevant WV Strategies, policies and standards.
Leadership and Strategic management 30%
• Provide strong and positive leadership to the ADP teams ensuring competent and motivated staff
• Support professional development of each staff through on the job training and off site training
• Ensure over 95% implementation of Annual Plans and budget by close of financial year, ensuring adherence to Detailed Implementation Plans, 4-D matrices and -5% budget variance parameters; Supervise and monitor the implementation of the program plans of action
• Ensure all operations, planning and budgeting processes are aligned with the
• WVK requirements and standards
• Provide leadership to the three track ministry (One operation, one organization) principle
• Lead in the development and implementation of a risk management plan (MWRAP)
• Contribute to the development of strategy, directions for the program in line with World Vision Ministry focus
• Provide management oversight on all operational risks including the core security requirements
• Ensure ADPs participation and representation at the Regional Senior
• Management Team meeting
• Engage key internal and external stakeholders (including but not limited to Finance and support Services; People and Culture and Administration; Support Offices and Global Centre; community; government; church; FBOs and other civil society representatives) in order to maximize the impact of efforts.
• Provides oversight for sponsorship integration as part of Area Programs planning processes, ensuring that sponsorship programming and sponsorship service operations objectives are met
• Manage all staff based in the Area Programs, including any all technical staff in those areas
• Compile a multi-year plan for all activities across the Area Programmes, and produce an indicative multi-year budget
• Manage all programming within the Area Programmes, across multiple technical projects, giving a holistic view of the Area Programmes
• Manage the Development Program Approach (DPA) community engagement process in all communities to identify appropriate technical projects for implementation with partners, and to adapt them for the context
Accountability and Quality Assurance 30%
• Ensure that WVK Operations at ADPs level are within the organization’s policies, procedures and business processes
• Ensure 100% implementation of audit recommendations and presence of risk management plan/document to guide operations
• Ensure security of assets is sustained
• Ensure green indicators for sponsorship year round Service Operation Indicators (SOIs/KPIs) and accountable sponsorship management practice
• Ensure a functional and effective accountability (complaints and feedback) mechanism
• Ensure quality workmanship of projects being implemented in the ADPs in line with WVK organizational policies and strategies (Ministry policies, Advocacy, Child Sponsorship, and Disaster Preparedness Plan, cross cutting themes, LEAP, WV Development Program Approach; among others)
• Ensure implementation of the necessary recommendations for effective ministry.
• Manage monitoring across the Area Programs to identify progress made and make necessary adjustments to plans; this will including the annual review and planning meetings in all communities, and at the Area Programs level
• Lead the development of quality Area Plans in compliance to DME and LEAP guidelines and standards by ADP staff.
• Ensure adoption of the generic log frame in collaboration with the design team to address priority issues as per community needs.
• Develop specific M&E plan/system that includes relevant strategic indicators
• Ensure integration of sustainability in the implementation of plans
• Ensure timely incorporation of Support Offices and/or donors feedback to designs in a timely way.
• Develop a feasible multi-year budget and staffing plan in collaboration.
• Ensure crosscutting themes – Gender, Christian Commitment, Child Protection, Disability, Environment and Climate Change, and Peace Building – are integrated in project designs
• Manage a collaborative design process drawing in WV stakeholders and major national external stakeholders and partners
• Design Technical Programmes that fit with the DPA to build ownership and sustainable results
• Negotiate with and support Area Programs’ staff in the adaptation and implementation of Technical Programs within the local context
• Incorporate appropriate elements of the contextualised Sponsorship Field Operating Model into the Technical Programs
Learning, Documentation, Monitoring & Reporting
• Ensure critical monitoring data (from design documents and Child Well-being
• Outcomes (CWBO) indicators) is collected in a participatory manner with key staff and partners; to show progress and challenges at ADPs, Regional and National level – for purposes of learning, management decision making and reporting.
• Ensure sharing of consolidated monitoring data on CWBO for county /Cluster engagement.
• Ensure documentation, sharing and replication of best practices and innovations with internal & external partners
• Ensure timely submission of quality reports and documents (e.g MMR, Semi- Annual, Annual Reports impact stories, good practices documentation, among others).
• Incorporate feedback from key stakeholders and reviewers using the review checklist
• Check reports for accuracy and edit as required
• Ensure archiving of data, documents and various reports for the reporting period so that it can be easily retrieved and used for evaluation/Audits e.g. Horizon, M drive, WVK KM site on WV central
• Ensure use of reports to generate communications materials in ways appropriate to audiences.
• Ensure utilization of reports for follow up and management of programs.
• Review terms of reference (ToRs) and provide feedback based on understanding of the local context.
• Review measurement tools to ensure alignment with design and relevance to local context, and provide feedback to evaluation team lead.
• Lead evaluation planning and support evaluation management team with logistics and staff supervision.
• Provide local knowledge to support critical problem solving with the evaluation management team.
• Support the evaluation lead in analysis and interpretation of findings and development of recommendations based on the findings, drawing from knowledge of the programme area and context.
• Critically review evaluation reports and provide relevant, in-depth, and timely feedback.
• Facilitate use of baseline and evaluation findings appropriately with stakeholders to share learning, plan and advocate for Child Well Being among development partners
• Conduct staff and partnership learning sessions in a way that encourages team members and partners to continuously learn and improve development practice.
• Ensure documentation of success stories and good practices is done as per the plan.
• Facilitate processes where team members and partners can consider, plan for and act upon evaluation recommendations to ensure they are implemented as per the plan.
• Use evaluation report to mobilise resources (through concept/proposal writing targeting Government SO, AID Agencies and private sector).
Engagement, Advocacy & Integration 20%
• Provide overall coordination of World Vision Kenya work with the county government
• Ensure good relationship with community groups, government, Civil Society.
• Ensure WVK influence resources allocation by government to the community priority needs
• Ensure WVK influences the County Legislative, Policy or Regulatory Framework for the Wellbeing of Children
• Ensure effective integration of Gender, Christian Commitment, Child Protection, Disability, Environment and Climate Change, and Peace Building into advocacy message as case may be requiring
• Represent and Profile WVK at the County/Cluster level; build and maintain effective communication and pro-active relationships with the county government at the headquarters as well as the respective program area
• Work with the other Project Managers in the ADPs to inform, work with, and provide feedback on the World Vision Kenya Ministry in the county to the respective county levels of government
• Ensure participation in/facilitation of strategic lobbying meetings with stakeholders and Ward Representatives (Members of County Assembly) on the key issues in the best interest of the children that should be provided for in the county policy or law under formulation (or review).
• Manage advocacy and networking at the Area Programmes level
• Analyse and use information generated from many different Area Programmes, for advocacy, accountability and programme improvement
Resource Acquisition 10%
• Develop a mapping of resource needs within the respective ADP and from the other programs in the county
• Work with the Area Programs Managers and the Regional team to develop concepts/proposals for funding in collaboration with the PDGA team
• Provide support to the donors visiting the county for effective and efficient coordination of information sharing and messaging
• Ensure documentation of best practices and innovations for donor engagement
• Participate in the development of funding concepts and proposals
Capacity Building 5%
• Ensure that staff performance management activities - appraisals, performance agreements, monitoring and needed training, coaching and mentoring activities - are undertaken within year
• Facilitate capacity building of key partners in line with identified gaps; particularly, ensure capacity of community groups on building linkages, engagement and memorandum submission for influencing resource allocation County Government and partners
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
• Participate and contribute in committees and task forces e.g. Senior Management Committee
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Taita tavetaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Strategizing; Quality management; Lobbying, advocacy; Capacity planning; Programme management; Management of financial resources; Training program planning; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply