Area Sales Manager - Nairobi Region
Salary range: from KSh130,000 | Contract type: Permanent
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
Mission Statement for the Role
- Ideally managed a Field Sales team making sales across low income and rural communities in Kenya
- Proven track record of exceeding the Sales Number and owning Cost of Acquisition
- A proven arsenal of brilliant sales management techniques and hands-on sales experience with an in-depth understanding of sales strategies and consumer objection handling
- Hands-On, on the ground, in the Field. THIS IS NOT A DESK JOB!
- History of recruiting exceptional high performing field sales teams and demonstrable experience in growing and developing them
- Manage customer relationship activities including statistical reports, sales performance reports (weekly and monthly), and data essential to maintaining KPI measurements to track Field Sales team performance.
- Eagerness to work for Success Based performance and not just a salary
- Ability to identify emerging markets and market shifts in new areas while being fully aware of competition status and sharing feedback on the same so that poa! can competitively position itself
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills capable of influencing and delivering results in a highly cross-functional role plus excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key departments
- Maintain a month on month average sales per Field Sales team 300 per team on a rolling monthly 3-month basis with a Cost of Sale of less than $30 per customer across the channel.
- To mentor, lead and coach the performance management efforts of all Field Sales teams by conducting monthly and quarterly performance reviews, training and developmental needs analysis, and coaching and mentorship sessions of the current and the next generation of sales team leaders
- Achieve 100% compliance with channel-specific sales processes by overseeing the activities and performance of Field Sales teams.
- Hire, resource plan and profitably retain adequate field sales manpower to meet planned sales targets and business growth expectation including leadership development
- Develop and deploy new field sales strategies that will generate new leads for achieving agreed sales targets and support scaling up plans for sustained performance around the Nairobi region.
- Accurate, timely and comprehensive Sales Performance reports of all the field sales activities including lead generation, sales forecast per network and performance per team reports
- Owned a Sales Number, for a multi-level (management and teams) team.
- Managed "managers", meaning a team of at least 5 team leaders each who operate thier own teams.
- Must have multi level management experience including "hiring and firing"
- Owned a Cost of Sales number
- Coordinated target setting, monitoring and performance evaluation, and actions of field sales team leaders
- Must have operated in a business with similar Values and DNA to Poa to ensure cultural alignment
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 10 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: basic),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate - the official certificate for your highest education
Salary range: from KSh130,000
Base negotiable, OTE 200k per month
6 days left to apply
Poa Internet is a multi-award-winning and highly innovative Internet Service Provider (ISP) whose vision is to connect every home across Africa to the internet. We are already one of the fastest-growing ISP's in Kenya and are backed by Venture Capital partners to allow us to scale rapidly; our teams will not stop pushing forwards until we achieve this mission. Do you want to join us? Why work at poa!? "Fast-paced"," ever-changing", "multicultural", "vibrant", "exciting" and "a little bit crazy" are just a few of the many words that describe what it's like working at poa! We are a people-centric organisation that champions curiosity, continuous learning and high standards across everything we do. We value our customers and go the extra mile to make sure we deliver an excellent service to the communities we serve. We are firm but fair and transparent at all levels of the company. You will be kept on your toes with no time to snooze… but fear not, for we love to reward those who deliver!
Meet your new colleagues
6 days left to apply