Area Sales Supervisor - Siaya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Our goal at Pawame is to support limitless opportunity through a foundation of safe, reliable, and affordable solar energy. With so many African communities lacking access to power, participating in the modern digital world can be challenging and laborious. The Pawame team provides the energy-driven tools these communities and individuals need to become successful students, entrepreneurs, and global citizens. We like to think of ourselves as an electric foundation, and our team is what makes that possible.
As an Area Sales Supervisor, you have an opportunity to challenge yourself and help others achieve their maximum sales potential. You play a pivotal role in achieving the sales targets and eventually generating revenue for the organization by executing against the set Sales & Field Operations Strategy in a cost-efficient manner.
You will be the face of Pawame’s brand to our customers. You will lead a team of sales agents and technicians, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with Pawame’s vision and values. You will establish plans and strategies with the Regional Manager on methods of expanding the customer base in your assigned Sales territory.
- Ensure each sales agent and technician meets their objective on all Pawame core sales and field Operation functions i.e. sales, installation, after-care and repossession.
- Driving and execution of Pawame’s Sales and Field Operations strategy and using the sales agents to drive direct to village penetration.
- Create monthly action Sales plans and marketing initiatives with the Regional Sales
Manager (RSM) and support agents with execution and implementation of the plans.
- Maximize sales agent productivity and ensure consistent compliance with the execution of all Pawame policies and procedures while maintaining a result-driven work environment.
- Create County expansion plans in line with the Human Resource Staffing Plan.
- Report on the County area performance of the agency network to Regional Sales Manager and senior management team.
- Create a partnership with local communities to identify business opportunities that
result in increased county sales.
Hailing from Siaya is an added advantage.
Area Sales Performance Management
- Achieve county sales targets as outlined in the Financial Model and Field Operations sales strategy.
- Building a passionate, outstanding and robust direct sales team using the territorial selling approach and following the Agents and Technicians staffing plan to maximize productivity and minimize turnover. This shall be done with the Regional Sales & Field Operations Manager.
- Ensure sales are conducted in accordance with documented processes and procedures.
- Manage use of Pawame assets and vigilantly contain selling costs.
- Drive the Implementation of the Aftersales process by ensuring that the County Sales & Field Operations Managers are aware, trained and performing in accordance with it
- Ensure Agents and Technicians are well trained on the installation process and executing well against it.
- Drive the Implementation of the After care sales process at County Level to ensure installation.
- Ensure installations are conducted by Technicians in accordance with the documented and published processes.
- Ensure direct Sales Agents are selling to only customers are able to pay for the product across the specified periods.
- Ensure repossessions are conducted as per instructions from the Portfolio Health team and following the defined procedures.
- Ensure customer issues in allocated County are resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
- Adequately staff the allocated County with sufficient suitably qualified and Sales Agents and Technicians to deliver Sales & Field Operations objectives.
- Manage the on-boarding and off-boarding of Sales Agent and Technicians.
- Plan and preside over weekly sales team meetings.
- Identify and recommend high performing and potential Agents and Technicians for promotions/reward/recognition
- Identify and justify the budget resources required to successfully implement a sales and field Ops strategy at County level.
- Prudently manage the allocated sales budget to avoid budget underage and overage and manage reconciliations
- Supervision of motorcycle maintenance and fuel request and issuance of monthly reports to HQ
- Ensure the proper documentation and handling of the administrative work involved in the on-boarding of new customers and the equipping of New Agents and Technicians with Pawame Tools of Trade: phones, kits etc.
- Take charge of the distribution and collection of Pawame materials required for the execution of sales, such as installer and offline customer registrations sales forms.
- Assess and analyze Sales Agents and Technicians training needs and recommend plans and programs to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Collaborate with the Sales & Field Operations Trainer in planning & implementing training programs for Agents and Technicians Conduct formal/informal & personalized training for the Agents and Technicians.
- Sales acumen. Good in the understanding and application of theoretical and practical approaches to sales and sales force management, particularly to rural, low-income populations
- Ability to link strategy to implementation
- Planning skills
- Ability to Travel 70 - 80%
- Comfort with information technology
- English fluency
- Leadership. Good leadership skills and ability motivate diverse cross-functional teams without having direct authority over them
- Organization. Good organizational skills with a structured, systematic approach to financial and business management. Eye for detail. Dependable with a strong sense of accountability.
- Communication. Good oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to senior management and large groups.
- Entrepreneurship. Energetic self-starter who demonstrates strong resourcefulness and personal initiative. Requires little hand-holding to deliver complex tasks. High level of energy and motivation.
- Flexibility. Adaptable and comfortable in fast-changing startup environment. Comfortable in uncertain and/or ambiguous situations. Fast learner. Willing to contribute in areas beyond formal job description.
- Uncompromising integrity.
- At Pawame, we are a diverse team of highly energized local and international people, committed to listening to the needs of our consumers in the rural populations in East Africa without access to clean energy. Everyone from our intern to the founders contributes to our success in different ways.
- Every team member in Pawame has the same drive and excitement towards achieving our goals. Working hard and being creative are synonymous in our startup life.
- You will have the opportunity to directly impact low-income off-grid consumers, dramatically improving the lives of many families.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: Luo (Spoken: fluent | Written: basic)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent), English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate - the official certificate for your highest education
Today left to apply
Pawame provides energy access as a gateway to financial empowerment and limitless opportunity in Sub-Saharan Africa. Pawame is transforming the lives of individuals and entire communities, starting with modern energy access. Pawame operates anywhere underserved people are, pushing boundaries deep into some of the most rural communities on the continent while functioning sustainably and with integrity. Pawame is a partner to its customers from their first interaction with a sales agent to the moment of installation by a technician and throughout their ascent up the energy ladder.
Meet your new colleagues
Today left to apply