Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Land Economics; or Land Surveying and Geomatics; or Land Management; or Law; plus, a Masters Degree in any of the above field from a recognized University/Institution as well as a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from a recognized University/Institution.
Applicants should have nine (9) years of relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Principal Land Registrar in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Initiating planning, budgeting and performance reporting for the land registration functions in the Department;
- Providing technical support to the Commissioner in review, development and implementation of policies, legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines in respect of land transactions in the Country;
- Providing technical and administrative support for efficient and effective allocation and utilization of the Departmental resources;
- Providing leadership in conducting investigation and generating solutions/legal opinion on Land Disputes and related issues;
- Coordinating inspection, monitoring and evaluating of performance of Ministry Zonal Offices’ registries;
- Planning and supervising implementation of capacity building initiatives, training of District officials on Land Registration Matters;
- Representing Government in Courts of Law on matters concerning Land Registration and Transaction;
- Providing technical supervision on Land Registration and issuance of Land Titles services;
- Supervising periodic compilation of accountability and performance reports and submitting them to the Commissioner;
- Supervising, mentoring and appraising performance of the junior staff of the Land Registration Department;
Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.