Assistant Director Of Livestock Production
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
For an appointment to this grade, an officer must have;-
• Served in the grade of Principal Livestock Production Officer or in a comparable and relevant position in the public Service or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years.
• Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines;- Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Food Science and Technology, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/ Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology or Agricultural Education and Extension form a recognized Institution.
• Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines;- Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Agribusiness, Food Science and Technology, Agriculture and Home Economics, Range Management, Natural Resources Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Diary Technology, Agricultural Extension, Animal Breeding and Genetics or Animal Nutrition from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
• Certificate in computer application from a recognized institution. • Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities in initiating and implementing livestock production policies
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct (DCC)
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Organizing technical workshops, seminars and agricultural shows, guiding the preparations of technical papers and reports for professional forums;
• Providing technical advice and information in animal production, livestock marketing range management, apiculture, ranching; promoting economic livestock farming;
• Organizing extension activities which include field days, field demonstration, farmer field schools and farm visits; participating in collaborative research activities;
• Analyzing livestock inputs and products samples; disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margins analysis, on-farm feed formulation;
• Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock production, apiculture, livestock breeding, nutrition, emerging livestock and other animal husbandry interventions;
• Advising farmers on group formation, construction of farm structures and equipment.
• Overseeing and effective and efficient management and preparing work plans and budgets for either a sheep and goat station, livestock farm, mobile pastoral training unit, pastoral training centers or livestock improvement and multiplication farm;
• preparing agribusiness, ranch and farm plans; participating in monitoring and evaluation of livestock programmes;
• Maintaining inventory of assets in a livestock production station/farm;
• Collaborating with research institution and other stake holders on the livestock production matters and planning for conservation and utilization of range resources
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)