Assistant Lecturer (Department Of Geography)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
To prepare instruction materials, conduct lecturers, supervise and evaluate the students’ academic performance.
Must be a Uganda citizen who possesses the following:
a) Master of Arts in Geography or Master of Science in Geography;
b) At least a Second Class Upper Division Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Bachelor of Arts Education, Bachelor of Science Education or Bachelor of Education.
c) Relevant teaching experience of not less than three (3) years in a reputable University or institution of higher learning.
d) Must have effective communication skills
e) Must be industrious and self-driven and able to work with minimum supervision;
f) Must be computer literate.
g) Must be 40 years old or below at the time of applicationMode Of Application
Suitably qualified and interested persons should submit six (6) hard copies of the application consisting of the following:
1. Letter expressing interest in the job;
2. Recent and original copies of their passport size photographs attached to the application;
3. A detailed and up to date curriculum vitae signed and dated by the applicant;
4. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates;
5. Copies of letter(s) of relevant appointments;
6. Copies of either the applicant’s Birth Certificate or National Identity Card or relevant pages of Passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth;
7. Names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be advised to send their reference letters under confidential cover
a) Prepares learning materials and delivers lectures to undergraduate students.
b) Examines students which include; setting, marking, grading and submission of results as per Senate policy.
c) Collects data and participates in the data analysis for the development of instruction manual and kits for practicals.
d) Undertakes research to support the development of the University academic research proposals.
e) Promotion of the knowledge of his/her subjects by conducting research and publication of own original work(s).
f) Guides and supervises undergraduate students’ academic research and industrial practice activities.
g) Actively engages with the community/industry to facilitate the practical orientation of students.
h) Participates in the organization and implementation of Departmental academic seminars and workshops.
i) Provides remedial teaching to students to enhance their understanding of the lecture topics covered by the senior academic staff.
j) Serves on faculty/departmental committees and any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)