Assistant Lecturer (Mining)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Busitema University is a multi-campus Public University located in Eastern Uganda. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant position at the University.
How to apply
- First Class or Second Class Upper division Bachelor's degree in Mining,
Master of Science (Plan A) in Mining
- Age limit: 40 years
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit 3 sets of applications duly signed together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic Certificates and Transcripts, 3 recent passport photographs, contact addresses and names of three referees in envelopes addressed to the University Secretary.
- Responsible for the delivery of teaching and learning activities at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, using appropriate materials and methods, devised and /or selected by the role holder.
- Undertakes individual tutorial sessions, supervises projects and dissertations, manages external student activity which contributes to the student learning experience
- Undertakes curriculum development and re-design, meeting appropriate QA standards and keeping abreast of pedagogic developments in the area(s) concerned.
- Plans, designs and develops teaching and learning objectives and materials.
- Sets, marks and assesses course work and examination material, and participate in awarding processes at faculty and university level.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Developing curriculum and teaching guidelines; University teaching; Exam preparation and grading; Assignment preparation and delivery; Mining engineeringRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)