Job verified by Fuzu
Tom Mboya University College | Kisumu, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Research, academy
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Assistant LibrarianKnowledge Translation Officer
African Institute For Development Policy
University of Nairobi
Project Data Analyst
Heineken East Africa
Kenya National Examination Council
Jobs in Research, academyMid-Level jobsJobs located in Kisumu
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline.
Requirements for Appointment Must Have:
• A Masters Degree in Library and Information Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• A minimum of nine (9) years cumulative working experience in a well established and automated academic library.
• Must be computer proficient
• Must have hands-on knowledge on use of library management systems.
• Must be a Member to a relevant professional Society/Association
• A minimum of three (3) years working experience as an Assistant Librarian, Grade 11 in a well established and automated academic library.
• Must have demonstrated exemplary performance in his/her duties.
• Manage Abstracting and indexing of information materials
• Manage Acquisition of information materials
• Ensure conformity to cataloguing and classification standards
• Maintain user profiles
• Provide Current Awareness Services (CAS)
• Provide Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
• Prepare estimates of expenditure and vote control
• Provide training in Information Literacy Skills.
• Manage User Education Services
• Manage ICT Services in the Library
• Attend official professional meetings
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the head of department from time to time.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KisumuArea of work
: Research, academySeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Customer service; Document and archive management; Training program planning; IT support; Research planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)