Job verified by Fuzu
Manpower Services Group | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Assistant Manager – Applications – ICT
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Assistant Manager – Applications – ICTDelphi Developer
SAP Support Engineer
ICT and Knowledge Manager
KOKO Networks Ltd
IntelliSOFT Consulting LTD
Jobs in Information technology, software development, dataMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Our client, a State Corporation in the financial regulatory sector wishes to recruit an Assistant Manager - Applications in the ICT Department.
The Applications Manager’s role is to supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team. The Applications Manager is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
• Manage, evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
• Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
• Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
• Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
• Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
• Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
• Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
• Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
• Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
• Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
• Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
• Review and analyze existing applications’ effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
• Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
• Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
• Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Application programming interfaces (API); Installing new software; System integration; Testing and debugging; Software architectureRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)