Job verified by Fuzu
Manpower Services Group | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Assistant Manager – Infrastructure - ICT
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Assistant Manager – Infrastructure - ICTDelphi Developer
SAP Support Engineer
ICT & Knowledge Manager
KOKO Networks Ltd
IntelliSOFT Consulting LTD
Jobs in Information technology, software development, dataMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Our client, a State Corporation in the financial regulatory sector wishes to recruit a Assistant Manager - Infrastructure - ICT.
The Network, Server and System Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the Corporation LAN and WAN. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network and servers’ hardware, software, and communication links.
- Member of ICT professional body e.g. ICTAK, CFSK, CISAK
Networking Certification – e.g. Cisco and Microsoft
IT Service Management – ITIL Certification will be an added advantage.
Applicants are required to immediately initiate self-clearance (Comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya) from: -
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- A Credit Reference Bureau
Please bring the receipts or evidence of the above self-clearance effort to Manpower Services if invited for the preliminary interview.
Email your application and indicate your current or past monthly salary and allowances, if any within your application.
- Head of Infrastructure unit which is made up of inter alia Data Base, Server and Network Administration sub units.
- Manage LAN and WAN and all heir components.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network and server hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers, end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers and workstations.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Knowledge in Data Base Administration.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network and servers’ products and services.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for servers and network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Perform all other Networks, Server’s and Systems’ Administrations activities.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Operating systems; Operative management; Local area networks (LAN); Wide area networks (WAN); Research and development; System and network security; System administrationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)