Job verified by Fuzu
Jubilee Insurance KE | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Assistant Manager Retail Underwriting
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Interact with Jubilee Insurance agents and customers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding products and services. Help resolve any customercomplaints and implement initiatives to improve customer satisfaction levels and loyalty and ensuring that the customers receive world class customer serviceexperience. Manage retail persistency through initiatives assigned on a day to day basis.
1. Monitoring Retail Underwriting process (for JCare/JBiz) including KYC, document vetting, issuance of acceptance/decline letters, medex, letters, welcome letter within the stipulated TAT.
2. Monitoring Set up and management of membership information upload on to the system in line with KRA/IRA/JIC regulations to ensure clean, correct and up to date data base.
3. Monitoring and ensuring that renewal notices are sent out within the required turnaround.
4. Overseeing preparation and issuance of Medical photo cards, policy documents and endorsements to all eligible members within the accepted timelines.
5. Ensuring suspension/terminations and provider notification of the same are done on the required day. 6. Ensuring that all premiums are booked correctly and promptly within the required turnaround.
7. Follow up and ensure premium reconciliation and commission payment for the JCare & SME portfolio 8. Ensure follow up of renewal confirmations and premium payment from clients and intermediaries.
9. Preparing various underwriting reports for each product, monthly, quarterly claims analysis reports, calculating loss ratio to establish performance by product with the pricing and statistics team, management and any other reports.
10. Working with the managers, actuarial and business development team to continuously enhance existing medical products to ensure product competitiveness against evolving market and product trends.
11. Supporting business development and agency in business acquisition, staff presentations to members of staff, health talks and medical camps.
12. Continuous review, enhancement and standardizing of all the underwriting process, manuals, monitoring TAT’s in line with local and international best practice.
13. Ensuring all the underwriting documents (hard and soft) are filed for easy retrieval and reference on the system and files.
14. Guiding, team and work with marketing team for preparation of brochures/application forms etc.
15. Carrying out annual appraisal for team members.
16. Unifying, Motivating, guiding and mentoring the team.
17. Ensure that all policy documents, debits and medical cards are logged and dispatched within set TAT’s.
18. Facilitating the handling of enquiries with brokers, members, claims team, service providers and walk in clients etc.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Compliance; Customer service; Business development; File management and data back-up; Regulatory reporting; Underwriting businessRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply