Assistant Procurement Officer - Grade 10
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
Tom Mboya University College (TMUC) was gazetted on April 16th, 2016 as a Constituent College of Maseno University (MSU). Tom Mboya University College is named after the legendary politician Tom Joseph Mboya. The University College is located in Homa-Bay Town, Homa Bay County, approximately 100 metres from the shore of Lake Victoria. In pursuit of its mission and mandate, the University College wishes to invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the positions indicated.
ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT OFFICER- GRADE 10 - One (1) Position - TMUC/ADM/06/19 Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing /Supply Management.
- Diploma in Supplies Management from a recognized institution
- At least five (5) years relevant experience three (3) of which must be at the level of grade 9 or its equivalent. Registered and has current license with the Kenya Institute of Supplies
Terms of Service
- Management (KISM) or an equivalent professional body. . Practical knowledge of ICT in relevant packages
The terms for the advertised positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated. All applications be addressed to;
Tom Mboya University College
P. O. BOX 199 - 40300
so as to reach not later than Friday 18th October, 2019. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification,
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline.
N/B: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Tom Mboya University College is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender or persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Management of all Purchasing activities
Drafting of Tender Committee agendas for (CPOs) approval and action 2019
Keeping of Tender, quotations, contracts records
Evaluation of suppliers for contract/Tender award
Keep supplier records and updating the list of suppliers
Attend to Audit queries on purchasing operations
Preparation and processing of documents to initiate payments for goods and services received
- Supervise and appraise staff below him/her.
- Maintenance of Purchase records Ensuring quality control in consultation with user and technical departments.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may assigned by the supervisor from time to time
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)