Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
To provide technical support in the planning, organization and management of activities related to student registration and academic record
o Master’s degree in Education or related field from a recognized Institution.
bachelor's Degree in Records and Information Management, Education or related field of study from a recognized Institution.
three years (3) working experience at a level of Assistant Registrar II or equivalent level in a reputable institution of higher education or in an organization specialized in information management.
1. Qualifying persons should submit five (5) copies of their application letters duly signed together with certified photocopies of their transcripts, certificates, five (5) recent passport photographs and latest copy of their curriculum vitae giving full details of the applicants’ education, work experience and naming three referees with their postal addresses and day time phone contact. The application should be put in a big (A4) sealed envelope and the job applied for indicated on the envelope. Applicants must make sure that at least two referees have forwarded recommendation letters concerning their application to the University Secretary before the closing date of this advertisement.
2. Applicants for the vacancy of Teaching Assistants in Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery should indicate the relevant experience and area of interest on the application letter.
3. Applications should be hand-delivered to the Office of the University Secretary and addressed to:
The University Secretary,
Lira University, P.O. Box 1035, Lira.
4. Applicants can also apply on-line by sending scanned application letter, curriculum vitae and relevant documents to [email protected]
6. The deadline for receiving applications is 30th September 2020.
7. Lira University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8. Applicants should show demonstrable qualities of leadership and integrity.
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
10. Due diligence by the university will form part of the selection criteria.
11. Any form of solicitation or lobbying will lead to automatic cancellation of Application.
o Ensures the accurate collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of students records.
o Provides technical support in the posting of all special notifications on transcripts including semester honours, grades obtained and grade changes when appropriate.
o Processes and records written requests for students’ information including transcripts, enrollment verifications, degree confirmation, etc.
o Provides technical support in problem solving involving research, analysis and resolution of students disputes as they relate to records and registration.
o Participates in organizing the graduation of students including input of all graduation applications, distribution of academic records and certificates to deserving graduands.
o Prepares reports and statistical data concerning transcript requests, enrollment verifications, and special programmes registrations, etc.
o Liaises with the University Campuses and Departmental managers on matters relating to the administration of students’ education and training facilities, and academic programmes and courses.
o Provides technical support to the Faculties and academic departments during registration of students and conduct of University Examinations.
o Supervises, evaluates and provides appropriate training/ mentoring to Records’ Assistants attached to the Academic Registrar’s Office.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)