Job verified by Fuzu
Standard Chartered Bank | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Assistant (Technology & Operations / MWS Operations / Securities Services)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
- To carry out Corporate action and General Banking activities in line with laid down procedures and all regulatory requirements.
To achieve established targeted standards of productivity and client services in the Corporate Actions area.
To ensure continuous improvement of team’s performance and effective risk management to protect the clients and Bank’s interest.
- Support Head of Securities Services in Business Growth through provision of excellent service to clients. Provide any market information to as pertains to the business to the Head of Securities Services.
1. Quality Service – To ensure the highest levels of Customer Service and proactively seek improvements to meet customers’ needs and requirements and where opportunities arise to exceed them.
2. Risk Management – Comply with Operational Risk Management and Controls. Ensure all reconciliation are investigated timely, controls are effectively exercised over all operational procedures to prevent frauds and avoid losses to the Bank.
3. Reporting – Ensure timeliness, Responsiveness, Accuracy and be pro-active in handling transaction processing. Ensure real-time escalation of any possible operational incidents / ops loss / complaints to country SSO Head
4. Compliance – Compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the Group Custody Policy Guide. To ensure that all procedures laid down in the Departmental Operating Instructions and the Key Control Standards laid down by GCS are adequately followed.
5. Team Work – Work as a team and assist other team member when required
6. Regulatory- Ensure compliance with the Laws of the land and in particular, facilitate the implementation of the bank’s compliance risk management framework.
- To ensure that information relating to Corporate Action announcement is captured accurately complete and timely in CAPE.
- To ensure that for all corporate actions events and especially those related to voluntary / with options are processed in a timely, complete and accurately manner and released to clients / depository respectively within agreed SLA and before market deadlines.
- To ensure monitoring for receipt of Corporate Action entitlements and where required pro-actively follow-up with the companies to ensure receipt of client entitlements on or before due date.
- To ensure all fixed deposits uplift letters are prepared and sent to banks on time
- To ensure all cash and securities proceed are reconciled and processed on timely manner and cash proceeds are credit to client’s account upon cheques clearance
- To ensure FX standing instructions for payments processed are done on a timely manner as per client instructions
- To ensure that IPO/Auction applications are processed as per client instructions and allotment credit is received on a timely basis.
- To ensure agendas / annual reports are received and dispatched to clients on a timely basis, and proxy instructions are executed as per client requirement
- To effectively follow up with the clients who have not provided the voluntary corporate actions instructions
- To ensure that all the client queries are responded to within the time frames pre-specified. Additionally, identify new mechanisms to add value to the existing reporting requirements in order to achieve increasing client satisfaction.
- To interact effectively with the Officers of other Sections to ensure adherence to guidelines for Securities Account, dematerialized and physical securities maintenance and smooth processing of transactions.
- To ensure daily reconciliation before market deadlines in order to mitigate any possible ops risks of missing / incomplete processing of voluntary / with options corporate actions resulting to possible ops loss.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Reporting; Customer service; Quality management; Risk analysis; IT supportRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply