Job verified by Fuzu
Oxfam | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Associate Director Gender Justice
- Post-graduate education
- Government, community development, public services
- Executive (director)
- Part Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Associate Director Gender JusticeCorporate Services Director
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Jobs in Government, community development, public servicesSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Oxfam International is looking for an experienced leader in the field of gender justice and women’s rights. This role will provide vision and strategic leadership to Oxfam’s work on Gender Justice and Women’s Rights
Provide vision and strategic leadership to Oxfam’s work on Gender Justice and Women’s Rights
Advise senior leaders on how to ensure Oxfam’s capability and commitment to deliver on putting women’s rights at the heart of all we do.
Work with Gender Justice leaders, focal points and advisors at global, regional and country levels to ensure alignment and synergy between Oxfam’s long-term development, humanitarian and influencing initiatives on Gender Justice.
Lead the implementation of the Beyond Gender Mainstreaming Roadmap ensuring that women’s rights are at the heart of all we do internally, through changes in attitudes and beliefs on gender in Oxfam’s organizational culture, staff capacity and leadership; program quality and knowledge; advocacy, campaigns and influencing; funding and fundraising.
Provide advice and sign off on policy positions and products in line with OI Gender Justice priorities, policy and program frameworks to campaigns, advocacy offices and affiliates.
People and Management
• Manage OI Secretariat Gender Justice staff through matrix management arrangements, and hold affiliate Gender Justice staff accountable for delivery on shared objectives.
• Provide advice and support to relevant Executive Board Committees and SubCommittees.
• Provide leadership to the development and implementation of Oxfam’s Operational Plan for Gender Justice, and to the reporting and accountability relationship with confederation governance.
• Provide high-level representation for Oxfam on Gender Justice with media, donors, governments allies and targets with the aims of both advocacy and strengthening Oxfam’s reputation and profile amongst key audiences on women’s rights and gender justice.
• Ensures alliance building strategies and coordination are in place for each of Oxfam’s global work on Gender Justice and Women’s Rights
• Ensures that Oxfam has appropriate strategies, resource allocations, teams and risk management plans for priority global events on Gender Justice and Women’s Rights.
• Provide advice and support to Oxfam International’s Executive Director, including preparing talking points and drafting speeches as required.
Provide input, guidance and representational leadership that complements fundraisers and staff working on Gender Justice and Women’s Rights.
Liaise with Oxfam affiliate and OI Secretariat fundraisers to raise both unrestricted and restricted funds for Gender Justice and women’s rights.
Strengthen departmental and cross affiliate collaboration
Actively understand and help colleagues in other departments and across Oxfam affiliates to understand the organisational drivers of each department, identifying opportunities for impact and collaboration related to Gender Justice and Women’s Right.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Part TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Government, community development, public servicesSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Vision and strategy; Business strategy; Operative planning; Capacity planning; Public, corporate relationsRequired languages:
Spanish (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
, English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)