Within delegated authority, the Associate Human Resources Officer undertakes a wide range of responsibilities in Human Resource Management including but not limited to human resources planning and management. Duties and responsibilities shall include:
Recruitment and Staff Selection
• Provides support in the management of recruitment process including coordinating with client offices
in forecasting and identifying vacancies, preparing job openings, reviewing and screening of
• Supports and reviews job openings in consultation with hiring managers, ensuring that the evaluation
criteria and responsibilities are in line with Generic Job Profiles and Standard on Requisitions.
• Assists in the preliminary review, prepares and submits recruitment cases to (Field) Central Review
• Arranges and conducts interviews for selection of candidates.
• Participates in task forces and working groups identifying issues/problems, formulating policies and
guidelines, and providing inputs on new procedures on recruitment and staff selection.
• Plans, organizes, and administers the examinations and other programmes and tests related to
recruitment of professional, general service and other categories of staff.
Planning and Budget
• Supports the mission planning process throughout the mission lifecycle on the staffing requirements
and organizational structure.
• Assist with the review of recommendations resulting from staffing reviews and translates them into
• Advises hiring managers on loaning of posts between sections and movement of posts and staff
between locations based on the SOP on Staffing table and Post Management, ensuring the integrity of
the staffing table as approved in the budget without discrepancy in sections and locations.
• Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification, providing advising and answering
queries on classification procedures.
Administration of entitlements and Benefits
• Advises the Head of the Section on the development and implementation of United Nations policies
and practices on Staff Selection.
• Provides advice to managers and staff on human resources related matters
• Provides advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules. Reviews and
provides advice on exceptions to policies, regulations and rules.
Administration of Justice
• Compiles the mission’s responses to formal and informal requests coming from different entities
under the Administration of Justice (AoJ) system.
• Provides inputs to efforts and measures aimed at addressing and mitigating staff grievances with the
purpose of resolving them at the lowest practical level.
• Assists with the development of preventive activities such as training and sharing best practices and
recent jurisprudence related to human resources management.
• Assists in the development of a set of actionable and targeted change management plans, including
coaching and training in order to implement these responsibilities and reports on possible gaps and
risks and recommends corrective action.
• Assists with the development of a communication strategy with a dedicated intranet page on HR
issues and regular formal and informal meetings.
• Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification, providing advice and answering queries
on classification procedures and processes.
• Conducts research on precedents, policy rulings and procedures.
• Maintains human resources information systems, including constant update and generation of
information and reports for use by management.