Associate Information Systems Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
The Young Professionals Programme examination in Information Systems & Technology covers a wide range of topics in the areas of development and operation of information systems, electronic data processing, computer system architecture, programming and analysis, operating systems, database management systems, network infrastructure, information security, and other related topics. If you are successful in the examination, you could be assigned to a job that covers any or a combination of these areas.
The typical job in this area is Associate Information Systems Officer. Some of the key responsibilities of an Associate Information Systems Officer would be (These duties are generic and may not be carried out by all Associate Information Systems Officers.):
• Assists in the design, development, installation and operation of information systems, including systems analysis, programming and operation support.
• Participates in the preparation of user requirements and other technical specifications.
• Analyses well-defined modules within the system, develops enhancements and new features to existing systems.
• Undertakes rigorous testing and proving the feasibility of applications software.
• Assists in the analysis of various informational problems in conjunction with personnel of organizational units and makes recommendations on the feasibility and cost benefits of implementing information technology solutions.
• Undertakes technical evaluation on the acquisition of information technology equipment and services.
• Ensures data security and integrity.
• Participates in developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
• Prepares, updates and maintains system and programme documentation and related technical/operational manuals.
• Assists in the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between the client and the office, for either specific services or general support, including any charge back mechanisms.
• Assists in procurement exercises, including conducting needs assessments and benchmarks, preparing technical specifications and evaluation criteria.
• Assists in the set-up and monitoring of software and IT service performance measures.
• Participates in Service Desk support functions.
• Advises users on the most suitable hardware and software for different tasks; maintains and enhances software.
• Drafts training materials and conducts training sessions and demonstrations of systems for usersRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)