1. a) Must have a Doctorate degree from a recognized/ accredited institution
b) Must have MMed, MDS, Mpharm/Specialist training
2. Must have cumulative or evidence of 3years of teaching/training and research experience since becoming a Senior Lecturer.
3. Have Research Output Points comprising at least thirty-six (36) points from refereed scholarly journals and/or University level book, six (6) points from post Graduate supervision and two (2) points from abstracts presented at conferences since appointment to the position of Senior Lecturer.
4. Must show evidence of continued evaluated effective teaching and successful supervision of graduate students.
5. Must have attended and contribute at learned conferences, seminars or workshops.
6 a) Must be recognized and registered by relevant regulatory bodies where applicable.
b) Must show evidence of membership/affiliation of a relevant professional body where applicable.
7. Must show evidence or contribution to community, national and international life.
8. Must show evidence of contribution to University life through participation in Departmental matters, students’ academic advising, school and university meetings, membership and others.
9. Must show evidence of having developed proposals that have attracted funding
1. Teach and assess courses in one’s discipline at both undergraduate and graduate level.
2. Supervise undergraduate projects and other experimental learning programme.
3. Supervise, dissertations/thesis at the graduate level
4. Develop undergraduate and graduate courses.
5. Initiate, promote and participate in research projects and publish research findings.
6. Provide academic leadership through programme development, mentoring and research. Provide professional and community services and initiate linkages and fundraising.
7. Carry out administrative and other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.