Associate Programme Management Officer, P2
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP's Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and advisory services for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition. This post is located in the Ecosystems Division at the Nairobi duty station.
Under the supervision of the Global Adaptation Network Coordinator, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Working with key partners to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of the Global Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) Fund, including monitoring and analysis, drafting reports and preparing documents and meetings for the management of the Fund.Required education
2. Participating in the establishment and Implementation of the new Global EbA fund by connecting to UNEP's external partners and Networks.
3. Supporting the coordination of the Global Adaptation Network, drawing upon the experiences and lessons of its members and engaging them in opportunities of the Global EbA Fund.
4. Supporting the coordination and leadership of UNEP’s policy and normative adaptation work portfolio.
5. Carrying out research and drafting documents to support policy and normative work related to adaptation, especially ecosystem-based adaptation.
6. Gathering inputs, editing and contributing to the preparation of guidance reports and other materials related to climate change adaptation.
7. Supporting the organization of technical meetings including drafting agendas, drafting speaking notes, background notes and participant lists.
8. Assisting in the planning and servicing of meetings and events.
9. Assisting in communications, knowledge management and outreach activities.
10. Providing other administrative and substantive support as needed.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)