Associate Registration and Identity Management Officer
UNHCRYumbe , Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
The Associate Registration and Identity Management Officer (ARIMO) will function under the direct supervision of a Senior Registration or Protection staff in the Section, Bureau or Country Operation. The incumbent supports the management of UNHCR¿s registration and identity management-related activities in the region/ country. S/he may receive functional guidance from the Data Service, Headquarters.
The incumbent assists in the implementation of identity management including registration/enrolment-related activities. S/he will support the operationalization of registration, identity management and digital identity strategies such as the inclusion of refugees and asylum-seekers into host States¿ population registers and digital identity systems and the registration of birth, marriages, deaths and other vital events of forcibly displaced persons in the host Government¿s civil registry. The incumbent will also ensure that identity management practices are actively leveraged to support all UNHCR activities, including identification of specific needs, targeting and delivery of assistance, support to protection intervention, fraud mitigation and response, data protection, case management and conduct of durable solution processes.
The incumbent will also support digital identity activities (standard setting, pilots, projects or programmes) with the aim of increasing the trust in the identity credentials of POCs to increase access to humanitarian assistance, protection, solutions and public and private sector services (including connectivity and financial services) while ensuring the appropriate protection of their privacy and personal data. The position will also contribute to ensuring that there is reliable data and analysis relating to POCs¿ registration, identity management and digital identification at global, regional and country levels (as appropriate) including for strategy development and monitoring and evaluation.
The ARIMO supports field operations with alignment of registration, identity management, digital identity and case management standard operating procedures to global refugee registration and identity management system applications.
When posted to a country operation, the incumbent coordinates registration operations in the Field under the technical guidance of Registration and Digital Identity staff in Bureaux and the Global Data Service in order to promote regional and global consistency in registration, identity management and digital identity.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in the implementation of registration, enrolment and digital identity strategies, for populations of concern in compliance with global and regional protection and inclusion objectives and priorities, ensuring that relevant standards are met, and appropriate methodologies and technologies are implemented.
- Provide technical support to staff on planned registration and digital identity management activities.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of operational guidance, instructions and capacity-development initiatives, in accordance with policy and guidance disseminated by the Global Data Service in Headquarters.
- Design appropriate procedures and systems for assurance of quality registration data and conduct regular data quality and audit checks to monitor the accuracy of data collected, as well as a tool for identification and prevention of fraud.
- Provide post-deployment support and maintenance of the UNHCR refugee systems applications as required.
- Assist the country team to establish and strengthen internal digital identity, registration and identity management capacity and/or that of government counterparts to manage registration and maintain population data.
- Liaise with Digital Identity and Registration Section of the Global Data Service as necessary to facilitate registration and identity management activities in the region/ country.
- Advocate with and support government authorities to establish and strengthen fair and efficient registration and digital identification procedures and systems and that POCs¿ identity documents or credentials are recognised for the purposes of accessing humanitarian, public and private sector services.
- Establish linkages with key partners to implement appropriate case and data management approaches for efficient, accountable and standardized targeting and delivery of assistance and other programming and protection needs.
- Support the operationalization and negotiation with government and UN partners related to interoperability of external digital identification systems with UNHCR refugee registration and identity management systems.
- Liaise and actively engage with government, humanitarian and development actors, and the private sector to promote the inclusion of refugees and asylum-seekers into host States¿ population registers and digital identity systems and the registration of birth, marriages, deaths and other vital events of forcibly displaced persons in the host Government¿s civil registry.
- Support the collection of reliable data and the availability of effective analysis relating to POCs¿ registration, identity management and digital identification at global, regional and country levels (as appropriate) including for the purposes of strategy development and monitoring and evaluation.
- Monitor, document and report on registration and identity management activities at the regional/ country level, and report on the impact of support interventions to the management of operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at UNHCR
PSP Donor Care Intern
UNHCR / Nairobi
UNHCR / Custom location,
Senior IT Assistant
UNHCR / Custom location,
UNHCR / Nairobi
Senior Supply Assistant
UNHCR / Kampala
Oracle DBA - Engineer
Kenya / Sybyl
Music Database Manager
Nairobi / Mdundo.com
Tech Support Officer
Nairobi / 4G Capital
Tanzania, United Republic of / Sybyl
Nairobi / Fintech Limited