Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to AuditorFinancial Controller
Underwriting Assistant (Nanyuki)
CIC Insurance Group
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Tanzania, United Republic of
This position is located in the UNHCR Resident Audit Office, Internal Audit Division (IAD), Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) in Nairobi, Kenya. Incumbents at this level work individually, as team members, or as team leaders. They are responsible for all phases (planning, field work, and reporting) of audits/reviews and for the development of staff working on those assignments. The Auditor reports directly to the Chief of Service of IAD or to the Senior Auditor/Section Chief.
• Leads audits/special reviews with respect to large and complex operations. Identifies and allocates tasks, coordinates/monitors work, controls audit/assignment resources, consolidates results, etc.
• Prepares risk-based audits/reviews. Plans/programmes in accordance with OIOS standards.
• Supervises and coaches staff throughout the audit/review with the view to ensuring conformity with OIOS standards in all phases of the audit process.
• Empowers and challenges more junior staff to actively participate in the management of the audit/review.
• Documents, evaluates and test systems and controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness, ensuring: (i) compliance with policies and procedures; (ii) accomplishment of management’s objectives; (iii) reliability and integrity of information; (iv) economical use of resources; and (v) safeguarding of assets.
• Prepares working papers for review by the Senior Auditor/Section Chief or the Chief of Service of IAD.
• Develops and discusses findings, agrees on recommendations and timelines for corrective action with responsible officer of operations audited, and monitors the implementation status of agreed recommendations.
• Drafts audit/assignment reports for Organization-wide consumption, including senior management and the General Assembly.
• Prepares presentations, using available technology tools (e.g., PowerPoint).
• Makes presentations of audit results to senior management of IAD and senior management of the operation audited.
• Monitors the status of audit recommendations.
• Appraises adequacy of follow-up action taken on audit findings and recommendations.
• Maintains and updates audit programs.
• Identifies training needs, develops training programs and materials, and conducts workshops with respect to auditing approaches and techniques.
• Evaluates staff performance; performs management review of work performed by assistant auditors, prior to the Senior Auditor's/Section Chief’s review.
• Performs other related duties as determined by the Senior Auditor/Section Chief or the Chief of Service.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Compliance; Accounting; Risk analysis; Key performance indicators; Training program planning; Training delivery; Auditing of accountsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)