Job verified by Fuzu
Co-operative Bank | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Back-End Systems Developer
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Back-End Systems DeveloperApplication Analyst
Ceridian Mauritius Ltd
Mobile Social Enterprise
Recruitment and Technical Sales
KMBERIA AND PARTNERS ADVOCATES
Jobs in Information technology, software development, dataMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
We are looking for an outstanding backend development engineer to design and implement features that will enable our systems to work more efficiently. This position requires the ability to complete complex development efforts using an agile development methodology.
Our ideal candidate must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills in addition to using expert technical knowledge to drive features and improvements. Success in this role will depend on your ability to work with other teams, while having a sense of customer-focus to provide solutions that "just work."
Reporting to Head - Digital Hub, the Back-End Systems Developer will be responsible for the detailed analysis, design and development of the backend or server-side logic for systems and Management Information Systems (M.I.S.). Additionally, he/she will be required to maintain and support applications within this section and will therefore be required to have knowledge working within the agile methodology keeping in mind quality control plans within the developments to identify improvements.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the job reference number BED/SSD/2018
• Develop all server-side logic, definition ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end according to user’s specification.
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by the front-end developers with server side logic and optimization of the server-side logic for maximum scalability and speed.
• Carry out analysis of the requirements; assist in preparing system specification by the users and recommend solutions to address user requirements.
• Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup in addition to building reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and build visualizations to summarize and present key messages to the business that will assist in decision-making and control.
• Design and code reports/returns according to user specification with the key objective of delivering reports.
• Develop and implement data models and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Carry out technical user training in respect to these systems so that the business can utilize them.
• Rollout piloted interfaces and systems to the bank’s branches and users and provide test systems for UAT to ensure that functions/features are tested before go-live.
• Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
• Secure systems by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the bank.
• Liaise with software vendors to resolve systems issues or escalation. Collect, collate information and clearly document issues to enable software vendor support.
• Adhere to change control procedures in implementing solutions.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: File management and data back-up; System and network security; Big data and data analytics; System architecture; Testing and debugging; Database administration; Code documentation; IT training; ProgrammingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)