BATTERY SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales targets
- Develop sales opportunities by prospecting, soliciting and identifying potential accounts
- Building rapport with customers while providing products information and explanations
- Preparing and presenting quotations
Sales & Marketing
- Ensure that you are well conversant and knowledgeable with all our product range, sizing, pricing, availability etc.
- Meet and exceed agreed monthly sales targets
- Proactively identify and secure new business, developing new dealers within designated region, ensuring retention of the same.
- Direct marketing of our products to dealers, ensuring that dealer premises within your designed region are well branded, our product well displayed and taking the front line in their shops.
- Tracking of lost business within designated region (customers) and starting afresh, within timely service recovery.
- Educating dealers within your region on our product application, Dos & Don’ts, claim diagnosis and processing etc.
- Follow-up of dealer battery claims, ensuring reports for dealers within your region are issued out on time and the dealer is advised in a professional manner of the status of their claim batteries.
- Constantly seek to improve the level of retail customer service and effectiveness at our dealers’ shops and outlets through trainings and workshops.
- Ensure dealers within designated region have relevant battery tools – chargers, testers, hydrometers etc., advising them on proper usage and application.
- Updating customers within designated region on new products, pricing, special offers and services available, through weekly visits, phone calls and/or emails.
- Ensure compliance of all Customer Service Standards
- Attend to all customers’ requirements and/or complaints effectively, giving feedback with minimal delays.
- Know your customers by name and be conversant with their special days e.g. birthdays, anniversaries, religious holidays etc.
- Ensure a good client/company relationship is maintained for all your dealers through regular visits.
- Responsible for all field activities within the region, including but not limited to battery clinics and mechanics events, both in planning and participation.
- Operate very strictly within the company’s credit policies for which you are expected to be completely familiar with.
- Present Monthly sales reports to your HOD and update the Management on market trends and competitors’ activities, ensuring we are ahead of the competition.
- Maintain high standards of self and work discipline, co-ordinate your activities well with both your superior and workmates, while observing good international relationship.
- Support your team leader in the achievement of both strategic and corporate goals.
- Participating in any other duties that shall be reasonably assigned by Management.
- Report unwarranted behaviors which may cause damage/losses to the company.
- University graduate, preferably in B. Com/business administration with related professional qualifications in sales and marketing.
- 2 years’ experience is sales
- Proven track record in sales & marketing.
- Able to deliver beyond set targets
- A clear geographical knowledge of the region will be an added advantage
- High levels of Integrity
- Proactive, self-driven, and results oriented individual
- Easily adoptable to different cultures
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Self-motivated and loyal.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 18 months
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
4 days left to apply
Chloride Exide Uganda Limited
'Until August 2018, Chloride Exide Uganda Ltd has been known as Battery Masters Uganda Limited & began its operations in Kampala in 2001 as a distributor and retailer of the Chloride Exide brand of batteries. Our core business has since evolved to the distribution and installation of solar systems, power back-up systems as well as solar water heating systems in addition to automotive batteries. Over time, we have grown into the largest Battery, Solar systems & backups systems operation in East Africa with three other fully fledged sister companies: Chloride Exide Kenya Limited, Chloride Exide Tanzania Limited and Battery Masters Zambia Limited.'
Meet your new colleagues
4 days left to apply