Bid Development Consultant
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
VSO International seeks Bid Development Consultants for upcoming restricted funding opportunities in the areas of Education, Health and Livelihoods. The consultants will join a pool of experts that can be drawn at surge times to respond to prospective funding opportunities. Once deployed the consultants will be responsible to coordinate the relevant bid team and lead on the drafting of high quality bid documents in line with donor guidelines.Scope of Work: The scope of work below outlines the general parameters for services VSO expects the consultant to complete as part of a consultancy. VSO will provide the consultant with a written work order prior to any engagement describing a specific scope of work and timeline for delivery of any final work products. To the extent practicable, the work order will also outline any logistical details including expected travel and related expenses in the work order.
• Possess technical expertise in Education, Health and/or Livelihoods;
• Demonstrated experience writing winning proposals for institutional and bi-lateral donors such as DFID, USAID, EC and UN;
• Experience with commercial funding opportunities;
• Willingness to travel to and in country of VSO operation;
• Fluent in English required;
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent initiatives all within schedule;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, and Power Point;
• Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative; ability to be a team player.
Competencies and Behaviour
Conduct background research on relevant topics expected to be included in the relevant upcoming opportunity.
• Prepare written summary of the key findings from background research, including source documents and resources;
• Support proposal design in coordination with partners and VSO staff;
• Coordinate the bid timeline and ensure relevant stakeholders can contribute effectively to the bid;
• Draft high quality bid materials in correspondence with donor criteria and guidelines;
• When required travel to relevant VSO country office to facilitate proposal design workshops;
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)