Job verified by Fuzu
Catholic Medical Mission Board’s (CMMB) | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Bio-Medical Specialists (Volunteer)
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Medical, health
- Basic level (worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.Jobs in Medical, healthEntry-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all. We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
• Approves new biomedical equipment by conducting tests; ensuring adherence to codes; making modifications.
• Installs new biomedical equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance.
• Maintains biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; calling for special service; evaluating service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories.
• Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment; answering questions; providing information.
• Evaluates proposed biomedical equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
• Improves biomedical equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction; conferring with equipment users; developing modifications; collaborating with equipment manufacturers.
• Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications; maintaining personal networks.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Basic level (worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired skills
: Ordering supplies; Compliance; Quality control and supervision; Public health; Documentation and record keeping; Equipment and tool maintenanceRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)