Boda Boda Collections Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
Headquartered in European Union, Mogo Finance operates in 17 countries globally. We offer car purchase and logbook loans with the most customer-centric borrowing process. We have branches in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru, and we are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
Mission for the Boda Boda Collections Manager is to coordinate building a team and creating
processes to aid collections efforts with boda finance product.This role will build a Boda Boda collections section as part of the core collections team translating the high-level Group guidelines, into boda boda product specific policies and processes.
Stakeholder management skills will be critical as the success of these new policies will rely on the rest of the organization to pilot multiple approaches, leveraging on our past experience and boda boda collections best practice.
A: Collections Strategy
B: Assist with Credit Strategy
- Design and implementation of Boda Boda collections strategy to optimise debt portfolio
- Develop and maintain processes and policies for maintaining strong repayment rates among our existing customers, including improving collections practices, behavioural analysis, portfolio evaluation, and cost-effective post-sales servicing
- Design and understand collections metrics, monitor their behaviour assist/lead in developing interventions that will improve customer repayment.
- Design and implement experiments/initiatives geared towards improving and maintaining a healthy performance across the portfolio.
- Manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors and investors
- Combine portfolio analytics with ground truth verification to give the business both the ‘what’, but also ‘why’ behind observed changes.
- Ensure client data is accurately captured in the lease management system in a timely manner
- Identify innovative ways to collaborate with third parties (associations, corporates) to leverage on their understanding of our target market to minimize credit risk.
- Develop and maintain processes, policies, and interventions to optimize the credit quality of new customers, including credit underwriting, screening, and the selection and onboarding practices, in conjunction with the group Credit Policies.
- Ensuring all security issues of the clients have been dealt with in a timely manner and with integrity.
- Providing support in conducting Collection operations
- Implementing all safety and security related measures launched by the organisation
- Build relationships with relevant local authorities as required to facilitate field operations
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be innovative and comfortable to challenge the status quo
- Problem solver
- Ability to work quickly under pressure without supervision
- Excellent customer service skills to deal sensitively with customers
B. Knowledge & Skills
- Credit analytics
- Portfolio management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including fluidity in PowerPoint
- Pilot program design
C. ExperienceRequired education
- Consumer finance / retail credit
- Boda boda collections
- Experience with planning, piloting and scaling initiatives
- Motorcycle Permit
- Proficiency in the local languages
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and dynamic work environment
- Great opportunity to participate in building up business
- No bureaucracy
- Support from a professional international team
- Opportunity for personal development
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself