Fuzu Exclusive Job
Panalpina | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Booking & Planning Assistant
Click to apply
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Basic level (worker)
- Full Time
Overall purpose of the job:
The Job Holder liaises with shippers and their markets on bookings, the necessary required shipment documents, flight schedules and delivery deadlines, keys in to the system the shipment details, prepares the excel booking sheet, allocates booked shipments to the contracted air space in accordance with the shipper and market requirements, monitors status of delivered shipments and adjusts the bookings to ensure optimal utilization of the contracted airspace.
1. Obtain Weekly supply forecast figures from clients
2. Receives bookings electronically or by phone and registers these bookings accurately into the booking sheet..
3. Confirm contracted capacity with freighters and line flights;
4. Confirm daily supply from all clients;
5. Prepare booking sheet and allocate airway bills as per SOP
6. Monitors capacity versus the booked load and advises if adjustment is needed.
7. Send the days plan to operations and Amsterdam 1100am.
8. Send out market priorities to operations and client preferences
9. Follow up on line flight connections.
10. Advise airline on the MAWB numbers to be used on the day
11. Process online airline bookings.
12. Throughout the day update the booking sheet based on the most current information and communicates to relevant departments.
13. Prepare next day’s tentative booking plan.
14. Manage airline MAWB stocks.
15. Checks and when needed does the labelling of line-fight shipments
16. Manage communication with the Carriers or their agents on all flight related issues
17. Daily check to ensure shipment and flight details are up-to-date in the CW and reports daily KPIs, shipment and flight info to the Booking and planning coordinator
18. Adheres to all health and safety SOPs of the company.
19. Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the managementKey Performance Areas (KRAs)
1. Booking and confirming Shipments (20%)
2. Booking and confirming Air-capacity (15%)
3. Plan with OPS shipment priority in conjunction with air-capacity (15%)
4. Prepares shipment and consol as per OPS priority in the computer system (30%)
5. Communicate changes to the shipper, airline and market. (20%)
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Basic level (worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired skills
: Air safety; Cargo inspection; Customs clearance; Import and export documents; Inspection of incoming goods; Customer relations; Capacity planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply