Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 16 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services never previously available.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Branch Bookkeeper
We are searching for stellar Branch Bookkeepers to be based across our various branches. They will undertake all aspects of financial management for the Sokowatch localized branch, including maintaining accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions.
Sokowatch is currently hiring multiple Branch level Bookkeepers across various markets and locations:
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA a plus but not required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge in accounting software use and administration skills, preferably Quick books
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- A hands-on learner with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, start-up environment.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers, match purchase orders with invoices, record office expenses
- Coordinate bank deposits and vendor payments, tally and record cash receipts, report and record accounts payable/receivable
- Auditing and monitoring inventory reports
- Maintain internal control systems
- Assist with monthly audits, reports and liasons with HQ
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)